Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help on Dry Cabinet

Default Re: Help on Dry Cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by lyj123 View Post
    Aiyo put in my camera and lens. Humidity shot up from 44% to 65%. I know it will shoot up but to 65% seems too high. Hope it will come back down to 40s soon.
    its normal.. because outside humidity is much higher than 44%.. yours shoot up to 65%.. that means you must have took quite some time putting in your equipment. But that's fine.. after 6 hrs or so.. it should drop back to normal. Sometimes if you open and took even longer time to keep your equipment it can shoot up to >70%. So.. dont worry..

Checked the readings... Was 50% an hr ago and now up to 55%. Was a bit worried then... but glad to know it will take up to 6hrs to return to normal.

That's why I bit the bullet and got a digital 1. Saves me the worry. :-\

Aye... Wanted to but blur lor... bought the wrong one.

Quote Originally Posted by lyj123 View Post
    Aye... Wanted to but blur lor... bought the wrong one.
    Dun worry.. There will be one day you will upgrade your dry cabi...
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

Just bought a dhc and get replaced dud to faulty

My RH shows 42-49% and it only take <3 mins to reactivate again after powered off so I am wondering is this normal? I found a few gap around door so I worry this will give problem since it powered up again so fast.

Blog Entries

u got a leak

door seal could be old and cracking or there might be a 'pinch' along one or more points of the seal letting outside air in or theoriginal silicone used to attach the seal to the door wear and tear away

get some plastacine from any bookshop and close up the holes as necessary
    or can use silicone too from any DIY shop

one easy way to test if there is a leak in your dry cabinet ....... swing the door to close on its own ..... if it closes with a damping effect or soft 'ooomphh' the seal is good ...... if it closes with a slam or bang..... air is escaping out somewhere killing the damping effect
    Last edited by ed9119; 1st April 2012 at 10:01 AM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Thanks moderator.

I tried your suggested method and it didn't give a bang sound although hard to swing the door easily. However, I shine those gap with torch light and I can see light inside. Btw, do you know how long will it stay in power off mode normally before reactivate again?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12