Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think the Canon Photo Marathon will enforce the Cut off Timings?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you think the Canon Photo Marathon will enforce the Cut off Timings?

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    That one is fine...but imagine if try already and then they request changed to another size. So what happens to the Used shirt? LOL to the next person.
    LOL. after i get out of the hall,

"strips top naked, changes out and off to shoot"

if u shoot in the uniform they issue, sure attract attention... very hard to get shots...

Default Re: Do you think the Canon Photo Marathon will enforce the Cut off Timings?

Don't wear the shirt lah. I don't want to pay $10 and provide free advertisement for Canon around CBD so I am not going <3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tehzeh View Post
    Don't wear the shirt lah. I don't want to pay $10 and provide free advertisement for Canon around CBD so I am not going <3
    free sensor cleaning tats why i'm even there hahaha. its a once a year ritual

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    free sensor cleaning tats why i'm even there hahaha. its a once a year ritual
    Only for canon cameras right.. if I remember correctly.

That being said, there are tons of expensive stuff over there so it was an experience to try the 1d4.

if u shoot in the uniform they issue, sure attract attention... very hard to get shots...
    Already decided....if cannot get the Canon shirt size i want, will just wear my Red Bull shirt.

Besides i got a lot of events going on that day as well so unlikely will be staying all the way to the end.
    Last edited by Reportage; 8th September 2011 at 10:18 PM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tehzeh View Post
    Only for canon cameras right.. if I remember correctly.

That being said, there are tons of expensive stuff over there so it was an experience to try the 1d4.
    sadly jumping to a larger sensor size means retiring my equipments. i have to stick with the 1.6x sensors haha.

meaning even if i want, best is a 7d

but i like the 60d personally. i find the LCD very useful. u will be surprised at the advantages it gave me hahaha

We'll be looking out for a topless photographer that day.

sadly jumping to a larger sensor size means retiring my equipments. i have to stick with the 1.6x sensors haha.

but i like the 60d personally. i find the LCD very useful. u will be surprised at the advantages it gave me hahaha
    I will not be surprised because I have also benefitted from the tiltable screen of the Sony DSLRs. Yeah it was really convenient.

I am actually looking at Pentax Medium Format 645D. At 12~13k currently, pretty reasonably priced and at the rate they are going...will be competitively priced against FF cameras eventually.

Olympus had the right idea with flip lcds for dslr, took a long time for other brands to put this feature into dslr.
    Last edited by Reportage; 8th September 2011 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage

I am actually looking at Pentax Medium Format 645D. At 12~13k currently, pretty reasonably priced and at the rate they are going...will be competitively priced against FF cameras eventually.

Olympus had the right idea with flip lcds for dslr, took a long time for other brands to put this feature into dslr.
    Thats why my fren said oly is most innovative... I like fuji also.. Very smart technology on sensor...

Blog Entries

pentax actually is quite a good brand. a quick search on its dynamic range against other brands, i'm surprised to even hear that the k-5 has soemthing like 14 stops worth of DR.
    even 5dmk2 loses to it.

if i'm dropping canon, hopefully i can find someone to trade from the pentax camp. best is that its 2nd hand market is relatively cheap.

my 450d has something like 10.8. very low... sometimes not enough for what i do...
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 9th September 2011 at 09:07 AM.

ya although most of time u wont use the vari-angle LCD but at times say to others '' so sad, u need to lie down huh .. use vari-angle la!''
    If the photo i took is 1% unclear, I will rather delete .. www.flickr.com/photos/59837685@N03/

Going out earlier then planned to chop a spot for the shirt.

iirc some winning entries were studio still life shot right?
    any changes on the rules?

if not can go home surf the net, find some inspirations
    on the aircon and then shoot in the comfy of your house
    no need to run and sweat like mad

Quote Originally Posted by soeypixels View Post
    iirc some winning entries were studio still life shot right?
    any changes on the rules?

if not can go home surf the net, find some inspirations
    on the aircon and then shoot in the comfy of your house
    no need to run and sweat like mad
    depends how you intreprete the word "Marathon". Anyway its more or less a given there will be people who will use Studio environment for their shot.

Blog Entries

depends how you intreprete the word "Marathon". Anyway its more or less a given there will be people who will use Studio environment for their shot.
    last year best of show all not in studios

Sorry man but I thought the clarity photos last year werr quite crappy. Ok the free red bulls kinda justified the $10 but the original one would be preferred though. Lol.

Okay....the answer to this thread title.

The answer is...No from the looks of it.

So next year if you need the full three hours for your shot, looks like its okay to join the submission queue even if very late.

It was actually quite fun waiting for security to open the Suntec gates since was in good company.
    Last edited by Reportage; 11th September 2011 at 10:36 AM.

Quite disappointed with this year shirt, a 3 for $10 tshirt compared to last year polo shirt.

Even the Red Bull was not free flowing compared to last year and the staff were not all smiles.

The Canon staff at the merchandise area and the two models were good to go.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    Quite disappointed with this year shirt, a 3 for $10 tshirt compared to last year polo shirt.

Even the Red Bull was not free flowing compared to last year and the staff were not all smiles.

The Canon staff at the merchandise area and the two models were good to go.
    red bull was never free flowing. they must always serve it chilled.

~~ 2 years in a row... i ask say can dun chill, just give, they say no.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast