Thread: Who is paying?

Default Who is paying?

NATO went into Libya and started sorties and sorties of air strikes... suppy arms to the rebels..

Now who is paying for the operation?

NATO or ...?

Default Re: Who is paying?

the nations who made up nato. basically, the so-called nato strikes are lead by US, Britain, France etc. These countries send in their own planes and all, so they are the ones who are footing the bill? what do they gain? talks are on the ground that the rebel transition govt of Libya agrees to give France priority when it comes to the oil fields of Libya. go do the sums.

Quote Originally Posted by roamfree View Post
    the nations who made up nato. basically, the so-called nato strikes are lead by US, Britain, France etc. These countries send in their own planes and all, so they are the ones who are footing the bill? what do they gain? talks are on the ground that the rebel transition govt of Libya agrees to give France priority when it comes to the oil fields of Libya. go do the sums.
    .....I doubt. They may have priority over the reconstruction ... but

Ok, i confess, i paid for the war. Just sent NATO a cheque for SGD$9.90 yesterday. They told me they needed some new missiles.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    Ok, i confess, i paid for the war. Just sent NATO a cheque for SGD$9.90 yesterday. They told me they needed some new missiles.
    LOL this is the joke of the day for me

Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    Great! Only S$9.90 or US$9000000000000?

NATO's "all necessary means" to ensure Libyan compliance comes with a price for sure. There must be some treaty to split the oil pie under the table. Meanwhile the tax payers fund upfront 1st.

Both the US and Britain have been to war recently in Afganistan and Iraq.

But, not France. So, this is a good time for them to exercise their military muscles in a real life situation. I suppose they would dump all their old obsolete missiles and bombs there. And it is a good time for them to do lots of weapon testing. So, what is the real cost of it? The hardware and the military personnel are there all the while to be paid for in the defence budget anyway.
    Do not be afraid [of ghost and bullies] Shoot them......

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    NATO went into Libya and started sorties and sorties of air strikes... suppy arms to the rebels..

Now who is paying for the operation?

NATO or ...?
    Is a lot cheaper than to send an entire army to do it themselves. War is an extension of political or diplomatic solution. Once you understand this, to the real winner here, the cost of this war, is bloody cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by lenrek

Is a lot cheaper than to send an entire army to do it themselves. War is an extension of political or diplomatic solution. Once you understand this, to the real winner here, the cost of this war, is bloody cheap.
    Well said....!!
    Thumbs up.
    ~ FotoNatik_Sg ~
    http://www.fotonatik.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lenrek View Post
    Agreed whole heartedly!.. and UN, US and the rest are releasing the frozen fund held by G..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...ers-free-funds

It is US$100Bn.. and I am sure many are interested