Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amazing CS statistics .... WARNING: sense of humour required

Every now and then, the use or abuse of the '' english" language in CS is being debated in kopitiam. "can len me your len?"

Quote Originally Posted by RuthBaby
    Consolidated the lists .... :P

1) One in every three threads will have "BUY BUY BUY" in it ...
    2) Once every month (at least) some brave (benefit of doubt .. the other word i can think of would be foolish) canonite / nikonian will venture into the forbidden grounds and make some outragous statement that starts a flame war.
    3) There is a secret competition between canonites and nikonians on how many people the can lure to the other side ... i dunno who's keeping score though ....
    4) 90% of the newbies who post photo for comments seldom get constructive comments
    5) 90% of the portraits posted will have a comment "ooh .. pretty model" ...
    6) Most portraiture critics have a unhealthy obession with neat hair ... "the model's have too messy" ... :P
    7) Most canonites and nikonians who obsess about their expensive equipment seldom post their works ... (ok .. i admit, i made this one up ... )
    8) At least once in 2 mths, some one will start such a list.
    9) Once in a month, or after some major product launch, some one will inevitably write in to groan/moan/bitch about being cheated/received lousy service by AP, MScolor, CP, TCW or any major camera shops (this list of shops are not arranged in order of merit of complaints).
    10) Every now and then, someone will buy a new toy and instead of going out to get some great shots 1st, they come CS and say "HEY! I JUST BOUGHT A XXXXXX!!!!"
    11) Everyone seems to think their equipment doesn't devaluate when they are selling ... but everyone else's depreciate at least 50% when they are interested to buy ...
    12) Once a month, some one will start a thread "Sigma vs Tamron zoom lens", even tho there are hundreds of replies on this topic already.
    13) Every now and then someone will ask what are these secret codewords:
    - CP/AP/MS/John/Lords
    - DOF/FLM/Bokeh/Trinity
    - AFD/AFS/L/ED/VR/IS
    - MRT/LRT/***/SDP/oops....
    14) Everytime when someone starts an MO, inevitably another would say "I can get it cheaper".... without offering to tell the rest where or himself/herself doing the MO.
    15) When the mods starts an MO, inevitably someone will question the warranty, complain abt the pricing, the availabilty of stock, why close MO so early/start so late... etc
    16) At least once a month, some rep from a company will inevitably ask for free services among CSers....
    17) Once a week, a new member will ask "how to post pictures here?", and then a very kind mod or admin will answer "u do this then this then this...."
    18) Every 10 seconds, there is a new post added on the thread "Newbie Outings Chit Chat", it is now almost impossible to read thru the whole thread already.
    19) At anytime of the day, 80% or more pple are browsing the "Buy and Sell" Section.
    20) Most popular question in B&S posted - "Is it still available?"..... even tho the thread mebbe 1 or 2 years ago...
    21) Within a month from the launch of new DSLR, sightings of picture gallery posts saying "Pictures taken by XXX camera" are seen. >.<
    22) Within a day of a DSLR launch, the camera is found WTS in Buy & Sell
    23) Every 10 seconds, another post is added to the thread 'Sentosa Outing on 29/08/04 sunday', which I suspiciously think is competing with 'Newbie Outings Chit Chat' for the longest thread ever!
    24) Within 5 mins of a press release of a new DSLR, B&S will be flooded by people selling the previous model.
    25) Every Weekend, theres at least 1 model shoot....
    26) Some Couple will pop by here once every 2 months to look for "PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER" for their wedding... LOL
    Reading a list like this makes me want to visit CS website every hour or so

27. Every now and then when someone post a nice picture someone will ask "Wah nice picture....what camera/lens you using"
    28. About twice or three times a month someone will ask "Should I get this?/Should I upgrade"
    29. Another one will ask "Can someone recommend me this or that"
    30. "Mind to share your settings?"

Blog Entries

31) Whenever one of CS resident bikini shooters (u know who they are) post, someone else will inevitably suffer nose-bleeds.
    32) For those who dun suffer nose-bleeds - someone will inevitable comment that the pose is too stiff, pose too common, pic looks like from FHM, the model is showing too much flesh/not sexy enuf... etc... while busy downloading other people's pics simply becos they never shoot a model in bikini b4. (ooo.... i'm goona get for this! )
    33) Every 2-3 mths, our resident handy-man cum inventor will post a DIY gadget to help us save money!
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    31) Whenever one of CS resident bikini shooters (u know who they are) post, someone else will inevitably suffer nose-bleeds.
    32) For those who dun suffer nose-bleeds - someone will inevitable comment that the pose is too stiff, pose too common, pic looks like from FHM, the model is showing too much flesh/not sexy enuf... etc... while busy downloading other people's pics simply becos they never shoot a model in bikini b4. (ooo.... i'm goona get for this! )
    33) Every 2-3 mths, our resident handy-man cum inventor will post a DIY gadget to help us save money!
    every now and then newbies will be asking waht's the max video quality or length for a certain DSLR

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by acetylcholine
    34) every now and then newbies will be asking waht's the max video quality or length for a certain DSLR
    oh! i like this one!

just to continue from u...

35) Every now and then, some one will inevitably ask, "How long ur zoom lens extend to when I take macro?" - this is 1 question i never know how or wat to say...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

This seems to be something that is Passe:
    The debate of digital against film - which is better.

Seems that everyone is going digital, so digital become as good as film.

PS: Not sure if this is the right thread for it.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    oh! i like this one!

just to continue from u...

35) Every now and then, some one will inevitably ask, "How long ur zoom lens extend to when I take macro?" - this is 1 question i never know how or wat to say...
    forgive me for asking this but i dont really understand the question

Cool you guys had gather up all comment words !

35) Every now and then, a newbie will ask about which is better, Canon or Nikon? Then WWIII begins again! (I remember this was the first question in my first thread in CS! )
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

36) we get reminders once a full moon is round the corner.
    37) once in a while, we have breaking news (with pictures sometimes) faster than any local news website!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by acetylcholine
    forgive me for asking this but i dont really understand the question
    i came across twice of a guy wanting to buy a zoom lens with macro function. he asked the seller how long the front elements extend out from the lens barrel. when he found out the length, he prompting declared that it was too long for his purposes.

38) every few months someone will post a pic showing something bad happening to a nikon...um....i mean a camera of another brand

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    38) every few months someone will post a pic showing something bad happening to a nikon...um....i mean a camera of another brand

refering to the latest pics of a smashed up d70, or the drowning story of 1Ds??

39) At least once a year, some one will inevitably declare that "You're not a photographer until you use a Leica."

40) Every now and then a cockcroach gets stuck inside the CS server. The admin puts up a 'Site is down 15 minutes for maintenance' sign from the backup server while they scrape out the remains of the cockcroach. It always stretches to 30+ minutes bcoz they always end up redesigning the cockcroach filter.

This one can?
    41)Every week, someone will lament about liverpool?

42) If the clubsnap servers were to go down, 90% will start displaying withdrawal symptoms in 1 hour, while the rest of the 10% would have called the psychiatrists to make an appointment.
    Last edited by darrelchia; 14th October 2004 at 01:15 PM.

43) At least one dumb poll every day.
    44) At least once a week, all the polls float to the top of the list because someone voted in all of them.

According to statistics no. 1, this thread ought to contain the following phrase:

BUY! BUY! BUY!

43) At least one dumb poll every day.
    definitely agree with the above

BUY! BUY! BUY!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast