Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Q - K Adaptor!

  1. #1

    Default Q - K Adaptor!

    http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/n...05_475272.html

    Looks quite silly to have a small camera at the end of huge lenses, but potentially would have use for extreme birding and macro.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Q - K Adaptor!

    Quote Originally Posted by rocaway View Post
    http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/n...05_475272.html

    Looks quite silly to have a small camera at the end of huge lenses, but potentially would have use for extreme birding and macro.
    saw some sample pix - IQ is actually pretty good when paired with DA* lenses. but agree with u - it looks quite silly

  3. #3

    Default Re: Q - K Adaptor!

    Am tempted to get the Q with adaptor and use my Limited pancakes on it just for giggles.

    On the other hand, my wallet disagrees.

  4. #4
    Senior Member sunnycamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    2,028

    Default Re: Q - K Adaptor!

    as I expected, the K-Q adapter finally out.

    cant wait to try the 400mm f5.6 on it, that is 2200mm equip. without lose light, still a f5.6 lens.
    which I will definitely give up waiting for the "Fuji HS30" for cheap super telephoto for the 800mm reach at f6.3.

    maybe someone later gets the thing, can try together. ha ha
    K-01: S8FE, DA35, DA70 Flickr

  5. #5

    Default Re: Q - K Adaptor!

    Quote Originally Posted by sunnycamera View Post
    as I expected, the K-Q adapter finally out.

    cant wait to try the 400mm f5.6 on it, that is 2200mm equip. without lose light, still a f5.6 lens.
    which I will definitely give up waiting for the "Fuji HS30" for cheap super telephoto for the 800mm reach at f6.3.

    maybe someone later gets the thing, can try together. ha ha
    pardon me if i'm wrong.... but from my understanding doesn't the higher crop factor due to the smaller sensor simply give the impression of a narrower perspective that of a longer focal length as compared a larger sensor, without actually increasing the zoom of lens in question - similar to digital zoom in p&s cameras or simply cropping in post? which is to say that you can achieve the same output by aggressively cropping pictures taken by the 400mm lens on your k5 as compared to mounting the lens on a high-crop factor camera like the Q?

  6. #6
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Q - K Adaptor!

    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    pardon me if i'm wrong.... but from my understanding doesn't the higher crop factor due to the smaller sensor simply give the impression of a narrower perspective that of a longer focal length as compared a larger sensor, without actually increasing the zoom of lens in question - similar to digital zoom in p&s cameras or simply cropping in post? which is to say that you can achieve the same output by aggressively cropping pictures taken by the 400mm lens on your k5 as compared to mounting the lens on a high-crop factor camera like the Q?
    The same area taken up by the Q would have much more pixels than what you're suggesting with the K-5...

    I suspect the lens resolution might be a limiting factor here, rather than the sensor?

  7. #7
    Senior Member sunnycamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    2,028

    Default Re: Q - K Adaptor!

    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    pardon me if i'm wrong.... but from my understanding doesn't the higher crop factor due to the smaller sensor simply give the impression of a narrower perspective that of a longer focal length as compared a larger sensor, without actually increasing the zoom of lens in question - similar to digital zoom in p&s cameras or simply cropping in post? which is to say that you can achieve the same output by aggressively cropping pictures taken by the 400mm lens on your k5 as compared to mounting the lens on a high-crop factor camera like the Q?



    K-7 14 MegaPixel, after crop to the Q sensor,
    APSC sensor can be filled 10 Q sensor tiling up.

    how much pixel you can get from croping a 14 mega pixel to achieve 2200 equip.

    while Q has 12 MegaPixel native at that size. the crop from 14 Mega picture gives roughly 2 MegaPixel.

    from their Demo of put on the DA* lens at 250mm, I suppose the lens should be fine, since the old lens is used for Film (40 Mega equip or higher, I guess based from 5D2);

    35mm film may be able to fill 20 Q sensor, 40 Mega /20, that is 2 Megapixel the old lens suppose to hold at that size any way. ha ha
    Last edited by sunnycamera; 5th September 2011 at 04:08 PM.
    K-01: S8FE, DA35, DA70 Flickr

  8. #8

    Default Re: Q - K Adaptor!

    i stand corrected. thanks for the clarification!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Q - K Adaptor!

    Quote Originally Posted by sunnycamera View Post

    35mm film may be able to fill 20 Q sensor, 40 Mega /20, that is 2 Megapixel the old lens suppose to hold at that size any way. ha ha
    thats a good approximation i'm no expert on this but i think it also depends on the type of film (e.g. velvia) and the lens used.

    the bottom line is that notwithstanding small sensor and crop, the images produced based on the samples are "good enough" for general / hobbyist use.

    don't think pentax can convince a lot of pro wildlife photographers to dump their gear for the Q though

  10. #10

    Default Re: Q - K Adaptor!

    Cool. Hope to see Pentax 110 to Q adapter soon, then I can use the Pentax Q with my Pentax 110 lenses

  11. #11
    Senior Member sunnycamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    2,028

    Default Re: Q - K Adaptor!

    acutally I look forward to see the C mount to Q mount adapter, got f1.0 constant fast cctv zoom lens. and other f1.x prime lens.
    K-01: S8FE, DA35, DA70 Flickr

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •