Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommended Carbon Fibre Tripod

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123

Of course. If the setting is above the maximum rate loading, your ballhead will fail... worst still... the head will simply snapped off. Note that the maximum load given in the spec are normally a load acting vertically (90 degree) down. However the ballhead is flexible and can tilt at different angle, thus at some strange angle or perpenticular to the plane, then the maximum load the ballhead is able to withstand is considerably lesser.
    And therefore I was recommended to multiply my maximum camera load by 3 and make sure it is still under the advertised maximum load capability of both tripod and ballhead. Just a general rule that I was told. No way of confirming and benchmarking unless rigourous testing is carried out.

Default Re: Recommended Carbon Fibre Tripod

Quote Originally Posted by NoS77 View Post
    And therefore I was recommended to multiply my maximum camera load by 3 and make sure it is still under the advertised maximum load capability of both tripod and ballhead. Just a general rule that I was told. No way of confirming and benchmarking unless rigourous testing is carried out.
    Agreed with you here. 3x seemed like a general rule, been told alot about it. But seriously we do not actually need rigourous testing, just need to do some calculations. But frankly, I am too lazy for that and just multiply everything by 3 (hahahaha).
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

In conclusion. I hope that new tripod buyers would not expect a 10kg rated ballhead to hold 10kg load in ANY position but to consider the force in off centre positions.

This is all for the safety of our own expensive equipment. Being a bit 'kiasu' wouldn't hurt in this sense I feel.

Cheers all.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123

Agreed with you here. 3x seemed like a general rule, been told alot about it. But seriously we do not actually need rigourous testing, just need to do some calculations. But frankly, I am too lazy for that and just multiply everything by 3 (hahahaha).
    Same! Just get a reputable tripod and go shooting instead!

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Bro, depends on the brand too... some are not conservative... some are super conservative. LOL..
    Hahaha I know what you mean.
    I think even at double whatever rated load, nothing is gonna happen. More worried about the tripod legs buckling

hmmm, maybe I go try on my cheap benro BH... screw it down onto a steel table and add a 100kg weight on it.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra

Hahaha I know what you mean.
    I think even at double whatever rated load, nothing is gonna happen. More worried about the tripod legs buckling

hmmm, maybe I go try on my cheap benro BH... screw it down onto a steel table and add a 100kg weight on it.
    Try it and report back with pictures! :-)Would love to see how a mangled up ballhead looks like! :evil:

Quote Originally Posted by NoS77

Try it and report back with pictures! :-)Would love to see how a mangled up ballhead looks like! :evil:
    Haha was hoping for a kind soul to sponsor one
    I still have use for my lil' Benro
    Exploring! :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NoS77 View Post
    3X is just too ridiculously kiasu. 2X is more than enough. And the general rule out there is 2X not 3.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Haha was hoping for a kind soul to sponsor one
    I still have use for my lil' Benro
    For what leh? LOL.... You lend me for my vietnam trip ok? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CanonG View Post
    Thanks all so much help and assistance, just got my blue C5-C. Honestly, this is a pretty thing of its own.

very compact less than 50cm when kept andlight (1.17kg)
    decent tripod head
    C5C with bundled ball head is 1.17kg?? If I am not wrong it's around the range of 1.4 ~ 1.5kg instead.

If I am mistaken please kindly correct me.

PS: Could you have taken the weight of C4c which is 1.17kg instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    C5C with bundled ball head is 1.17kg?? If I am not wrong it's around the range of 1.4 ~ 1.5kg instead.

If I am mistaken please kindly correct me.

PS: Could you have taken the weight of C4c which is 1.17kg instead?
    You are right. The C5C with the ballhead is 1.5kg > http://fotopro.sg/c5_series.html
    Take the shot!

Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    You are right. The C5C with the ballhead is 1.5kg > http://fotopro.sg/c5_series.html
    My main concern for me is the weight of the C5C is about 0.1kg lighter than my current tripod. Hence would like to ask if what CanonG mention is a C4C instead or is there a new version of the C5C that I am not aware. ?

Can anyone enlighten me?

I just got the Sirui TC025 from Hong Kong last Monday as I also wanted something light but strong enough to hold my gear... This tripod is 600g, carbon, and can hold about 6 kg....

Quote Originally Posted by nicelens
    I just got the Sirui TC025 from Hong Kong last Monday as I also wanted something light but strong enough to hold my gear... This tripod is 600g, carbon, and can hold about 6 kg....
    Enjoy your new purchase. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    My main concern for me is the weight of the C5C is about 0.1kg lighter than my current tripod. Hence would like to ask if what CanonG mention is a C4C instead or is there a new version of the C5C that I am not aware. ?

Can anyone enlighten me?
    Maybe there's a typo mistake?

Wait for him to reply
    Last edited by madmartian; 9th September 2011 at 11:43 PM.
    Take the shot!

LOL, paiseh, i thought I read elsewhere, my bad.. haha, no wonder i thought it is a little heavier than I tot..

Quote Originally Posted by CanonG View Post
    LOL, paiseh, i thought I read elsewhere, my bad.. haha, no wonder i thought it is a little heavier than I tot..
    No worries... when I was shopping for a tripod, Michael is kind enough to borrow me a weight machine to verify the weight of the tripod. Thus I was considering more toward the C4C which is about 1.2kg (including ballhead) coz I have a 1.75m tripod that weight 1.6kg (which sometime due to my age, I find abit heavy for me).

Quote Originally Posted by Anson

No worries... when I was shopping for a tripod, Michael is kind enough to borrow me a weight machine to verify the weight of the tripod. Thus I was considering more toward the C4C which is about 1.2kg (including ballhead) coz I have a 1.75m tripod that weight 1.6kg (which sometime due to my age, I find abit heavy for me).
    It's lend, not borrow.....

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    It's lend, not borrow.....
    Haha... I old alr, English not so "Powderful" as youngster, I guess most would get the meaning.

But was curious after so many have purchased the tripod but few highlighted the weight mention by the TS? Actually I was hoping that I was wrong and a new lighter model of the C5C have launched that is 1.17kg.

Quote Originally Posted by Anson

Haha... I old alr, English not so "Powderful" as youngster, I guess most would get the meaning.

But was curious after so many have purchased the tripod but few highlighted the weight mention by the TS? Actually I was hoping that I was wrong and a new lighter model of the C5C have launched that is 1.17kg.
    1.17kg should be without the ball head
    Take the shot!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast