Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Nikon, Canon?? (Question)

If you need the item, buy it. If you can't buy, rent it. If you can't rent, suck it!

That happens to me when I'm hunting for sigma 70-200mm...

In the end, i didn't buy it... But bought a lot of other things wahaha
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Default Re: Nikon, Canon?? (Question)

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    If you need the item, buy it. If you can't buy, rent it. If you can't rent, suck it!
    I think I have a couple of way around,

if you need the item, ask others to buy and you borrow from them.

If you have to rent but cannot rent... rob a bank... or more directly... rob the shop

Hahahaha... just joking.

My advise is... buy whatever you need and nothing more.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by snowc View Post
    I would say most of the members here are virus carriers
    Ya i am one of the carriers...wakakaka...
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123

I think I have a couple of way around,

if you need the item, ask others to buy and you borrow from them.
    Wah evil, poison others to borrow. Nice move. Wahaha
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Quote Originally Posted by kenzefizz

Haha.. Having a hard time shortlisting all this Dslr.. 7D is cfm out.. Hehe.

Wondering is A77 out yet? Anybody know?

Was reading some info just nw.. "A77 vs D7000 vs 60D" frm a website.
    Seem like A77 is the Winner, D7000 is the runner up and, 60D is the 2nd runner up..? (no offense.)
    Regardless of the features and design and light. Isit??
    Is it just me or could there someone else thought the same . Your ranking is the exact opposite the market share of this 3 brand represent. Canon is the leader is DSLR market with the most comprehensive lens system you can have. Nikon comes second, so maybe you got it right here. Sony probably is still smallest player among all the three. Although they have gain some ground technologically and ever spearheaded into EVIL segment. Anyway, I guess it is a matter of personal choice. Just some tidbit info FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulliver View Post
    Is it just me or could there someone else thought the same . Your ranking is the exact opposite the market share of this 3 brand represent. Canon is the leader is DSLR market with the most comprehensive lens system you can have. Nikon comes second, so maybe you got it right here. Sony probably is still smallest player among all the three. Although they have gain some ground technologically and ever spearheaded into EVIL segment. Anyway, I guess it is a matter of personal choice. Just some tidbit info FYI.
    Er... no.

Canon is the biggest player because they have the biggest market shares in the DSLR segment... but not because they have the most comprehensive lens system... both Sony and Nikon had whatever Canon had to offer and if you look at it this way, Nikon had slightly more lenses than Canon.

And recently Sony's sales had taken over Nikon in the UK market and is now ranked second there. Although it can be argued that NEX system is essentially not a DSLR and the main sales came from this system... so in term of DSLR sales figure, Nikon might still be in the lead.

Sony had also more or less monopolise the sensor sector - providing nikon, sony, pentax with the sensor.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

It's called "Marketing".
    Alpha

What has a better spec,featured,performance camera got to do with market share.
    Macdonalds has the largest fast food burger market share, so I suppose their burgers are the "best"?

Camera models come and go. Technology too. Good camera models will come out from any brand while others wane and then the positions are switched again when the other brand comes out with new ideas and tech.

Personally for me, the ranking you mentioned count for nothing. I purchased a camera based on a set of requirements i needed and not any market share or reputation. Nokia used to be the world leader in mobile communication. Look at where they are placed now.

TS should just go and have a feel of all the models. And go with his gut feeling now.

Quote Originally Posted by NoS77 View Post
    TS should just go and have a feel of all the models. And go with his gut feeling now.
    Er.......i think TS had already bought his camera.....you too late already

Quote Originally Posted by snowc View Post
    Er.......i think TS had already bought his camera.....you too late already
    Oops. Then hope to see some wonderful results from TS soon

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345