Thread: Picture looked great on the camera but pixelated when viewed on computer.

Default Picture looked great on the camera but pixelated when viewed on computer.

Hi,

I experienced this problem and i think it's due to the settings of the camera. I'm using a Canon GF1. The size of one picture is around 2.4MB.

Can anyone advise?

Much appreciated!

Default Re: Picture looked great on the camera but pixelated when viewed on computer.

Any pictures to illustrate?
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Default Re: Picture looked great on the camera but pixelated when viewed on computer.

Quote Originally Posted by extricate View Post
    Hi,

I experienced this problem and i think it's due to the settings of the camera. I'm using a Canon GF1. The size of one picture is around 2.4MB.

Can anyone advise?

Much appreciated!
    Maybe you zoom in too far?
    A digital image comprises pixels after all. So of course it will look pixelated at some point
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by extricate View Post
    Hi,

Can anyone advise?

Much appreciated!
    digital images are make up by pixel, whether is a 2MP or 24MP image, if you view it larger 100% it will be pixelated.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Your monitor resoultion also affects....

Quote Originally Posted by LFC25
    Your monitor resoultion also affects....
    If at normal viewing on a PC monitor, the pixelation should not be noticeable.
    Probably TS zoom in many many times to "pixel peep", then complain about pixelation?
    Exploring! :)

Now u know why people spend $ to buy dslr and good lens.
    A picture taken with iPhone may look perfect on iPhone small screen.
    But view at 100% in monitor, all the flaws is shown.
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

Blog Entries

Did you turn on digital zoom?

I guess you have set the picture size in small mode and this small size picture can not clearly be displayed on computer.

also that the image on small camera lcd screen will definitely b sharper then on computer