Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Singapore Idol?

I am a Malaysian, honestly I believe that Singapore got better singers and talent out there...maybe the way the judges select missed out the good one? Eg. Kit Chang, Sun Yen Zhi...

I agree with redstorm that Sing Idols lack the POWER...those idols ACT too much rather than being themselves and show their talent.

Malaysia got some good talent singers especially the malays, eg. Ning Baizura, with POWERFUL voice and her own STYLE.
    DR KOH KHO KING

Looks like it's Now left Taufik and Sylvester... who do you guys think will win?

My prediction came true.....
    I posted this in some other forums...

Quote:
    agree. sly may not sing as well as taufix or oily but he's definitely more marketable.
    forget abt the ah bengs & lians.....marketability counts in the entertainment industry.

Oily can sing but no stage presence; no x-factor. It's only her voice. She is actually Singapore's equivalent to Alison Moyet.

Taufix can sing & dance but no personality; oso small size; no x-factor.

Sly cant sing that well & cant dance but has some x-factor & better stage presence.
    Got boy-band look and appeal to young teens....Nowadays, dun underestimate teen-power. He will last a couple of years then he will fade away......
    Unquote.

Who wanna bet to win SI???

Ken Lim offended the bengs & the lians.....the results were his retribution.
    All the bengs & lians united to vote Sly in....
    Sly has the support of young teens, young adults, all bengs & lians.....
    Convinced?

btw, zorro18 is non-beng nor ah lian. I dun fit into the young teen/adult category. My fave SI was booted out of the SI audition....Steven Lim!!!

Aiyah... in the end.. it's not really about talent.. it's about how popular the person is...

Actually I dun see it as Ken Lim offending the Ah Bengs & Ah Lians. But rather his observation was kinda correct. It is indeed true that Sly would've needed the support of the Ah Bengs & Ah Lians, & in fact also the 'young, impressionable' girls to help him thru, coz based on performance & overall quality, he's the big loser. I kinda agreed with him there, & indeed, it has been proven that popularity counts more than talent.

Then again, I've come to say that only fanatics will vote a lot for their idol, & they will vote coz they're fanatic fans. For the rest, they either see it as a waste of money, or gave up on the competition to bother. & I'd say that most of those in these 2 categories are the ones who really appreciate talent. I'd say that I'm one of them as well. So I just leave it as it is, coz I dun think it's worth the money to make so many calls to vote for the contestant I think deserves to win. I'll let the record company do that. If they dun sign the real talents, then too bad. They miss out on the mature listeners' market that's all.

Altho I must say, I wasn't really disappointed this round, as I saw from the start, after Jeassea was voted out, that Taufik would have what it takes to make it all the way. Tho it'd have been better to have a Taufik-Oli finals tho. Makes for a bigger challenge. Somehow I feel now that the finals is really lopsided.

It doesn't matter tho. Coz in the end, Taufik will probably go to the English &/or Malay music market, & Sly will go mainly to the Chinese. So in a way, they're already winners in their own respective markets.

Quote Originally Posted by zorro18
    My prediction came true.....
    I posted this in some other forums...

Quote:
    agree. sly may not sing as well as taufix or oily but he's definitely more marketable.
    forget abt the ah bengs & lians.....marketability counts in the entertainment industry.

Oily can sing but no stage presence; no x-factor. It's only her voice. She is actually Singapore's equivalent to Alison Moyet.

Taufix can sing & dance but no personality; oso small size; no x-factor.

Sly cant sing that well & cant dance but has some x-factor & better stage presence.
    Got boy-band look and appeal to young teens....Nowadays, dun underestimate teen-power. He will last a couple of years then he will fade away......
    Unquote.

Who wanna bet to win SI???

Ken Lim offended the bengs & the lians.....the results were his retribution.
    All the bengs & lians united to vote Sly in....
    Sly has the support of young teens, young adults, all bengs & lians.....
    Convinced?

btw, zorro18 is non-beng nor ah lian. I dun fit into the young teen/adult category. My fave SI was booted out of the SI audition....Steven Lim!!!
    Last edited by vagabond; 20th November 2004 at 01:27 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12