Thread: Should I buy the EOS 550d at COMEX or there are other cheaper alternatives?

Default Should I buy the EOS 550d at COMEX or there are other cheaper alternatives?

Hey guys, I got an enquiry here, Is the EOS 550d comex promotion the cheapest in town or I found a better offer elsewhere.

Default Re: Should I buy the EOS 550d at COMEX or there are other cheaper alternatives?

Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Default Re: Should I buy the EOS 550d at COMEX or there are other cheaper alternatives?

actually... the 600D is already out. long ago.

and really.. why Canon? it's not the ONLY good camera brand out there.

Quote Originally Posted by vitasoya View Post
    Hey guys, I got an enquiry here, Is the EOS 550d comex promotion the cheapest in town or I found a better offer elsewhere.
    [roll eyes]... seriously... this type of question always come up before comex... and our answer is always - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You will get a more expensive camera with lots of useless freebies and stuff like that.

Go to the recommended shops for your cameras (email them, call them, pay them a visit and ask for quotation).

And... please, please, please, check out other brands and format of cameras too... don't limit yourself to Canon.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Comex, Sitex and whatever ..ex is never the cheapest option. The cheapest options are in town in the camera shops, all year round.
    EOS

Blog Entries

Other brand. P, s, n
    Lousy de My Flickr

Is there a sticky somewhere about this "Should I buy XXX from YYY event"?
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    Is there a sticky somewhere about this "Should I buy XXX from YYY event"?
    Nobody would read it anyway.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Nobody would read it anyway.
    Sad but true...sigh

Chill ah guys. I am a newbie, still thinking whether to get a DSLR anot?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vitasoya
    Look around in the threads, see if a Dslr something you really need an want. If so, then get it at the normal stores. Prices at IT shows are priced quite a bit higher than at the normal stores.

For a gauge of prices, you can check out the price guide section in the forum.

Why not you call one of the CS-preferred shops and ask them for their best prices for 550D? Then do your comparison with the Comex pricing
    Exploring! :)

Search for forum for any of the names of such shows.. just read. Since these trade shows happen more thna once per year you'll easily find the threads. Do a bit of homework, it's your money. Unless you have no issues wasting it ... in this case just go and buy wherever you find the cam.
    EOS

Are you looking forc the freebies at the comex.If not wait until it ended.From there you'll find cheap Cannon 550D.

Any shop to recommend? Funan or Simlim. I dont want to get tok lor. Price is more impt, I dont want to get useless freebies that I end up not using.

Quote Originally Posted by vitasoya
    Any shop to recommend? Funan or Simlim. I dont want to get tok lor. Price is more impt, I dont want to get useless freebies that I end up not using.
    There's a buying guide sticky, please read that first.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Blog Entries

Funan tk or slrr
    Lousy de My Flickr

i jus saw the RRP for 550d in canon website it 1099(kit 18-55), it seem like the price drop alot..
    is it a good buy is comex gv out free dry cabin?
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)