Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HSBC Wakeboard World Cup - Oct 30-31

Default Long Lens

Quote Originally Posted by smallaperture
    IMO, at least 200mm equiv to about 300 in dSLR. Better if you have 300mm (450mm w dSLR). Preferably a zoom so that you have the flexibility to compose as you cannot control the distance, unless you're on another boat!

So the most common class of lenses are:
    A 80-200 F2.8 or similar
    B 70-300 F4-5.6 or similar

I suppose more than 90% of photogs would be using the above lenses.
    I was there for the qualifying rounds, you need the minimium 300mm lens. Be it digital or film. Otherwise waste of time. 200mm is not equiv to 300mm (wrong thinking in digital). It never was, when you are shooting sports use the right lens perspective!

Default Pictures

Your images soft and not focus on subject. Need long lens to capture it real tight. Have you tried shooting from the side?

Quote Originally Posted by matrix1195
    I was there for the qualifying rounds, you need the minimium 300mm lens. Be it digital or film. Otherwise waste of time. 200mm is not equiv to 300mm (wrong thinking in digital). It never was, when you are shooting sports use the right lens perspective!
    It's not the right forum I know, but just to set the record straight.

Do you know that perspective depends on the lens -> subject distance and not the focal length?

Changing the focal length without changing the subject distance will not change perspective.

Thus, 200 on digital 1.5x is 300mm on film.

Also, never blame the equipment, especially where they is not so much of a difference anyway.

Default confused!!!

hmmm...wanted to upload some shots which i took...ani idea how?

all my shots sucks... the 35mm equivlent of 200mm is not enough.. wasted my time and sun burn
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    all my shots sucks... the 35mm equivlent of 200mm is not enough.. wasted my time and sun burn
    haha this guy didnt waste his time nor get sun burn>>>>

200mm can also get you this>>>
    Last edited by Canonised; 2nd November 2004 at 09:33 PM.
    always the Light, .... always.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12