Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wife/GF vs Photography (was Finally got the D100)

Originally posted by Kho King

This is my case actually. My gf doesn't spent on expensive stuff. All the shirts/skirts she bought are during lelong/sale time, and non is over RM100. Usually is below RM50, in RM30 range.

No diamond or jewellery at all at this moment. I can't remember her buying anything that's as EXPENSIVE as my F60...
    Seems like your GF and my wife has something in common.

Default reasons for spending...

Ah, people forget men and women value things very differently.

Women and men place different values on the stuff they invest in.
    That said, some men do spend heaps on clothes and fancy gear, and some women do spend heaps on gadgets and accessories.

Nonetheless, we shouldn't make generalisations that only some things are acceptable to be bought by one sex ... goes back to girls getting barbie dolls as presents, and boys getting toy soldiers.

It's always interesting to see a biblical truth come to life: For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also...(Matt 6:21)
    I suspect the 'noise' made by the wives and gfs to their respective halfs are because the hobby is where their heart is... instead of with the woman! Look at the the title of this thread...

So put your treasure where both your hearts are...
    my cousin gave up his photography hobby to spend more time with his children...so i inherited his equipment ....

Originally posted by willyfoo

Not all girls are like what this thread have been describing...
    I'm fortunate to have a very supportive girlfriend... in fact, she got off work early just to accompany me to buy the D100..
    ... to make sure you don't spent more than 5.5K?

Originally posted by Goondu

What if the wife/GF does not even buy those stuff? The poor guy have no bargaining power at all.
    That is rather rare, I think. If that's really the case, then it's just too bad.

Regards
    CK

Default Re: reasons for spending...

Originally posted by argent2
    my cousin gave up his photography hobby to spend more time with his children...so i inherited his equipment ....
    so...who and when r u going to pass your equipment to?

(This thread is meant for joke...so don't take it too seriously..and relax men...)

Just curious as how is your other half react when u spent so much money on photography equipment...you might be the lucky/unlucky one to have someone so supportive in your spent...
    DR KOH KHO KING

Originally posted by ckiang

That is rather rare, I think. If that's really the case, then it's just too bad.

Regards
    CK
    What draws me to my wife is the fact that she doesn't believe in frivolous things. Well, it works both ways. Looks like some of us cannot have the cake and eat it too.

Default inheritance

Originally posted by Kho King

so...who and when r u going to pass your equipment to?

(This thread is meant for joke...so don't take it too seriously..and relax men...)

Just curious as how is your other half react when u spent so much money on photography equipment...you might be the lucky/unlucky one to have someone so supportive in your spent...
    pass to my fren who loves photography lah!

as long as i bring in the bacon... no one will complain if I buy expensive equipment....

argent

Originally posted by wildhoney

ckiang: your statement is the epitome of male chauvinism, though you are not alone.

Perhaps, in your eyes, and minds, maybe derived from your time spent photographing women whose lives revolve around nothing but shopping, donning the latest and skimpiest fashion, and other superficial activities,

--women are simplistic creatures who are inapt at managing their personal finances and who will not bat an eye about spending thousands on material goods, yet love to NAG when their spouses spend similar amounts on boy toys.

it seems to me, at least within this forum that
    men are equally capable of such behavior.
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't "spend my time photographing women whose lives revolve around nothing but shopping, donning the latest and skimpiest fashion, and other superficial activities". I spend more time looking at code than photography.

Regards
    CK

let's talk about ndp lah !! %I&^(O&Y$*)&Y$^*%R(%*^_)(*

Default Re: inheritance

Originally posted by argent2
    pass to my fren who loves photography lah!
    i love photography. can i be your fren?

Originally posted by Goondu

... to make sure you don't spent more than 5.5K?
    To make sure all the lenses and the necessary accessories are bought or ordered.. make sure everything he wanted is there and also help him recall things that he missed out. And also to share the experiance of getting a new Cam..

The ang moh way (hehe)

Don't have a wife or girlfriend, that way you can spend what you like without the guilt trip!

Find girlfriend who's allergic to gold, silver, gems and expensive clothes

Date a gal who earns 3x what you do,that way she'll buy your gear for you.

Join Arthur Anderson Accounting and become *very* creative with your finances.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Originally posted by Violett

To make sure all the lenses and the necessary accessories are bought or ordered.. make sure everything he wanted is there and also help him recall things that he missed out. And also to share the experiance of getting a new Cam..

Oops.

Originally posted by Ian
    The ang moh way (hehe)

Don't have a wife or girlfriend, that way you can spend what you like without the guilt trip!

Find girlfriend who's allergic to gold, silver, gems and expensive clothes

Date a gal who earns 3x what you do,that way she'll buy your gear for you.

Join Arthur Anderson Accounting and become *very* creative with your finances.
    I am currently at your first option. No girlfriend, let alone wife. Good and bad, tho.

Regards
    CK

Default Re: Re: inheritance

Originally posted by firefox13
    i love photography. can i be your fren?
    sure. take a number please...

argent

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Finally got the D100

Originally posted by Darren
    kekekek ... aiya, just pulling your leg .

Or you can also use this ploy - ask your GF/wife this question:-
    "Dear, help me to choose something to pass my time - drinking, womanising or photography?"

Not to mention getting your GF/wife a big condo unit. That'll do the trick nicely for quick a few years i believe

*sigh*... and some women will not understand what we are doing with a blower at 1am, nor want to be seen with us while we're lugging around a tripod.

Originally posted by munfai
    *sigh*... and some women will not understand what we are doing with a blower at 1am, nor want to be seen with us while we're lugging around a tripod.
    now if i met a women who offered to help me lug my tripod around, man that's the woman for me!!!

Originally posted by firefox13
    now if i met a women who offered to help me lug my tripod around, man that's the woman for me!!!
    keke...my gf always offers to help me my heavy tripod...but so long, bulky and heavy....(manfrotto 190B + Gitzo 1337) so i rather carry it myself
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Originally posted by kamwai

keke...my gf always offers to help me my heavy tripod...but so long, bulky and heavy....(manfrotto 190B + Gitzo 1337) so i rather carry it myself
    So light, what are you complaining about
    Try lugging around 6.5kg of legset and a 1.55kg ballhead sometime.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast