Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wife/GF vs Photography (was Finally got the D100)

Originally posted by rueyloon
    what we're talking about here is EAS, equipment aquisition syndrome.
    hahahah mabbe we should start putting out mysterious rumours about a strange strain of virus that's going around....

Originally posted by Kho King
    with kids (after married)...I will have less money for my hobby...might even need to sell whatever I have for milk powder...save for education...baby sister...and I will have no time to shoot...except everyday baby photo...and have no reason to get "another" lens. why do you need so many lens for baby photos?
    Tell your wife to go for breastfeeding for a year or more. The amount save would be able to get you a decent system.

Originally posted by rueyloon

what we're talking about here is EAS, equipment aquisition syndrome.
    Oh yeah...for me is NAS...Nikon aquisition syndrome...can't tahan with Nikon already...if got CAS, MFAS (medium format), LAS (Leica)...then die.
    DR KOH KHO KING

Originally posted by firefox13
    hahahah mabbe we should start putting out mysterious rumours about a strange strain of virus that's going around....
    ...and the virus is non-killable...must feed it once in a while... oh...and its growing stronger and stronger...and you must feed it with bigger stuff when time pass (in terms of $$$)...
    DR KOH KHO KING

besides Violet...is there any other female photography lover here?
    DR KOH KHO KING

Originally posted by Kho King
    Why, are u thinking what I am thinking?

Question : Does your wife/girlfriend/parent know how many lens you have/own? Do they really bother to count the number of pieces of equipment in your dry box? (PS. If you hide the receipt, they will never know that is a new lens or not.)

Originally posted by Goondu

Why, are u thinking what I am thinking?
    maybe you should change your avatar first...
    DR KOH KHO KING

Originally posted by Astin
    Question : Does your wife/girlfriend/parent know how many lens you have/own? Do they really bother to count the number of pieces of equipment in your dry box? (PS. If you hide the receipt, they will never know that is a new lens or not.)
    Never under estimate the sense of a woman...all precautious steps are very necessary...
    DR KOH KHO KING

and i pity those who have to resort to hiding pieces of equipment and scraps of receipts from their other half. and i pity more those who intend to spend their life in this manner.

if this is not deceival, i don't know what is.

if this does not make a total joke out of the element of trust in a relationship, i don't know what does.

Originally posted by wildhoney
    and i pity those who have to resort to hiding pieces of equipment and scraps of receipts from their other half. and i pity more those who intend to spend their life in this manner.

if this is not deceival, i don't know what is.

if this does not make a total joke out of the element of trust in a relationship, i don't know what does.
    Sure do...... and not a very happy one

Originally posted by hpong

Hmm..... strange. Why is it that girlfriends/wives, etc can spend a bomb on all those things they wanted, like jewelry, rings, necklaces, dresses etc and guys have to listen to them nag when they buy things like camera equipment, hifi gear, gadgets, etc?

The feeling I get is always like that - whenever the guy buys something, the girl is not happy. But when the girl buys something (hey, flame me, but I think a $2000 camera/lens/etc is more worth it than the same amount spent on a ring/necklace/etc ), the guy has to keep quiet.

Oh well, maybe that's why I am still single.

Regards
    CK

Sorry to disappoint you. I am not the least a fan of photography, let alone, lover.

ckiang: your statement is the epitome of male chauvinism, though you are not alone.

Perhaps, in your eyes, and minds,
    maybe derived from your time spent photographing women whose lives revolve around nothing but shopping, donning the latest and skimpiest fashion, and other superficial activities,

--women are simplistic creatures who are inapt at managing their personal finances and who will not bat an eye about spending thousands on material goods, yet love to NAG when their spouses spend similar amounts on boy toys.

it seems to me, at least within this forum that
    men are equally capable of such behavior.
    Last edited by wildhoney; 5th July 2002 at 03:41 PM.

Originally posted by wildhoney

Sorry to disappoint you. I am not the least a fan of photography, let alone, lover.

ckiang: your statement is the epitome of male chauvinism, though you are not alone.
    Not at all.

I found this on your web site.
    "All men r animals, some just make better pets"

Doesn't that make you a female chauvinistic P ........

But I must admit, your website is quite refreshing ........

naw, just another cats and dogs fight topic.

i will just skip this one.

Originally posted by ckiang
    Hmm..... strange. Why is it that girlfriends/wives, etc can spend a bomb on all those things they wanted, like jewelry, rings, necklaces, dresses etc and guys have to listen to them nag when they buy things like camera equipment, hifi gear, gadgets, etc?

The feeling I get is always like that - whenever the guy buys something, the girl is not happy. But when the girl buys something (hey, flame me, but I think a $2000 camera/lens/etc is more worth it than the same amount spent on a ring/necklace/etc ), the guy has to keep quiet.

Oh well, maybe that's why I am still single.

Regards
    CK
    What if the wife/GF does not even buy those stuff? The poor guy have no bargaining power at all.

What if the wife/GF does not even buy those stuff? The poor guy have no bargaining power at all.
    This is my case actually. My gf doesn't spent on expensive stuff. All the shirts/skirts she bought are during lelong/sale time, and non is over RM100. Usually is below RM50, in RM30 range.

No diamond or jewellery at all at this moment. I can't remember her buying anything that's as EXPENSIVE as my F60...
    DR KOH KHO KING

Not all girls are like what this thread have been describing...
    I'm fortunate to have a very supportive girlfriend... in fact, she got off work early just to accompany me to buy the D100..

Not at all.

I found this on your web site.
    "All men r animals, some just make better pets"

Doesn't that make you a female chauvinistic P ........

But I must admit, your website is quite refreshing ........
    thank you.

Though the statement holds some truth, I featured it on my site, not because it's like my life statement, or that I want to make a point, but for entertainment sake (content creation) => i made the teddy say it, not me =P

but if you'd still like to debate on this here, pls do, this being a discussion forum.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast