Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife/GF vs Photography (was Finally got the D100)

Blog Entries

Had to split the thread since it was so far OT.

I really can't help but keep laughing....

damn...all my collegues are looking at me and wonder what i am laughing at

We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

great thread LOL

it's great when couples have the same interests
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

is it possible to stop this chauvinism and stereotypical generalizations about women?

1. Not all women shop frivolously. I, personally find pleasure in frugality.

2. Sometimes, men can make those $3xxx purchases only because they've got girlfriends with cash to spare.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Finally got the D100

Originally posted by Kho King
    I tested with my gf...and she said she will divorce me if I spend that much money on photographic equipment...
    How do you get divorced from a gf?

Anyway, just get her pregnant, and she'll let you spend any amount you want to take pictures of the kids.

sigh, my gf still doesn't believe that lens can cost more than the SLR body...

to her, G lens are no different than ED or silent wave lens... and cos she's a girl, cann't tahan why the lens are all so heavy...

I guess I'm lucky compared to you guys, if I told my GF I want to save money and buy a 3rd party brand, she'll say "You sure regret later, better spend more money and get the better one now !!"
    36frames Wedding Photography - http://www.36frames.com
    rueyloon - http://www.rueyloon.com

Originally posted by rueyloon
    I guess I'm lucky compared to you guys, if I told my GF I want to save money and buy a 3rd party brand, she'll say "You sure regret later, better spend more money and get the better one now !!"
    .... She will continue and said "But then, the better ones are so much more expensive, best is don't get any."

damn funny thread.

wait another year, new stuff will come out then you will wonder why you spend so much previously.

The best way is to buy everything in one shot. Trust me on this, she can get mad only once.

Buy one and slowly expand your system, what you hear will be endless stories, starting from the last piece of equipment to the very first piece.

Hehehehe...this is a very funny thread!!!

solution

1) buy and keep in office !!! (hehe, I heard of the guys here do that)

2) buy when you're single

3) get an equally high spending wife/GF

4) become a "kept" man.....

Does she knows the differences (IN $$$)? If comparing S$199 third party with S$1999 OEM...then maybe she will think again... and give you a different answer.
    DR KOH KHO KING

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Finally got the D100

Originally posted by StreetShooter

How do you get divorced from a gf?

Anyway, just get her pregnant, and she'll let you spend any amount you want to take pictures of the kids.
    What? And no need to marry?

Originally posted by Goondu
    The best way is to buy everything in one shot. Trust me on this, she can get mad only once.

Buy one and slowly expand your system, what you hear will be endless stories, starting from the last piece of equipment to the very first piece.
    But..but..but...in photography world...there is no BUY ONCE! You will always want more...and more...and more...

photography is a desease
    DR KOH KHO KING

can u intro your gf to mine? mabbe some of the more-is-better mentality will rub off...

funny ha.. let see when the time you have ur gf or wife to scold you when u buy equipments that are more expensive than thier jewelries..

lol.. have similar problem.. told her that her jewelries are no use one, just to hang on you body and wear but really no use, just for others to see right?... then she will answer.. ur cam also no use what?.. shoot and shoot anything then later on to collect dust only.. hai...

with kids (after married)...I will have less money for my hobby...might even need to sell whatever I have for milk powder...save for education...baby sister...and I will have no time to shoot...except everyday baby photo...and have no reason to get "another" lens. why do you need so many lens for baby photos?
    DR KOH KHO KING

Originally posted by Kho King

But..but..but...in photography world...there is no BUY ONCE! You will always want more...and more...and more...

photography is a desease
    err... photograhy is a different type of disease, it is the one where people spend alot of money and time on shooting.

what we're talking about here is EAS, equipment aquisition syndrome.

Originally posted by luisg
    funny ha.. let see when the time you have ur gf or wife to scold you when u buy equipments that are more expensive than thier jewelries..

lol.. have similar problem.. told her that her jewelries are no use one, just to hang on you body and wear but really no use, just for others to see right?... then she will answer.. ur cam also no use what?.. shoot and shoot anything then later on to collect dust only.. hai...
    Trust me...it is impossible for them to understand.

I heard what the oversea friend did was...when he bought a new lens...he has to throw some dust onto the lens, scratch it...keep it in his car boot for few days...then when the lens is USED enough...only dare he brought into his house. His wife will not notice that..and thought that it is just another piece of his daily toy...oh...what a pity...I really hope I will not have to do this to my precious Nikon...
    DR KOH KHO KING

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast