Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is FZ20 picture quality satisfactory?

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Teo
    Actually considering the F2.8 12X, I read that that
    the glass is not top end leica .. just a branding..

'low end' leica glass at f2.8 is no better than nikon glass at f5.6
    Some article I read elsewhere noted that the glass on the
    FZ 10/20 is not that great even though it has the 'leica'
    brand on it.

allllright.. another bucket of cold milo down my back..

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    btw just wonder if anyone know what am i doing wrong here....

i zoom in to an object at 12X in A mode. the object i around 80 cm. the camera will mange to focus on it for a while and then the whole image will be blur again. Am i too close to the object? or should i be in the macro mode? another question is that when u select marco mode, what has change? the camera will try to focus on nearer objects?

It happens for my Fz10 also.........the object is too near.

I think at x12, min focus distance is 2m? Read that somewhere.....you can try and see if its ok.

Last part.....what hppen at Macro mode....sorry...I have no idea....

General comment.....for indoor shot, I always use external flash and bounce it from the ceiling....it gives a nicer exposure than direct flash......

Quote Originally Posted by tchuanye
    It happens for my Fz10 also.........the object is too near.

I think at x12, min focus distance is 2m? Read that somewhere.....you can try and see if its ok.

Last part.....what hppen at Macro mode....sorry...I have no idea....

General comment.....for indoor shot, I always use external flash and bounce it from the ceiling....it gives a nicer exposure than direct flash......
    seem like 1 area AF and spot AF don't seem to work also...i guess i might have violate the the min focus distance. what i just dun understand is that camera actually manage to focus on the object before becoming out of focus again...and it is switching focus from foreground to background and yet cannot lock the focus.

another complain is that when u half depress the button, the whole image turn slightly darker...is it like that or is it just my camera?

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    seem like 1 area AF and spot AF don't seem to work also...i guess i might have violate the the min focus distance. what i just dun understand is that camera actually manage to focus on the object before becoming out of focus again...and it is switching focus from foreground to background and yet cannot lock the focus.

another complain is that when u half depress the button, the whole image turn slightly darker...is it like that or is it just my camera?
    The camera is trying to focus on the subject so it will focus to and fro and try to lock focus. If it is within the focus distance and still cannot focus....go to full manual and use the manual focus ring to focus.

The 2nd issue of slightly darker is that once you do your setting, and half depress, the camera will go to the setting that you set....i.e. apeture will set to the one you adjusted to. Its a feature rather than a complain, depends on how you look at it.....it is like a depth of field preview button on those SLR cameras where the camera will set to the setting you chose to let you see the DOF.....it is usually darker as when you are using the SLR, the apeture is always at the largest setting when you are viewing, and closes to the set values when you depress the shutter. You should adjust your settings until it looks ok.....alternatively....
    You should look at the HISTOGRAM instead and see where the peaks are. This would give you an indication how the pic will turn out. You can see this website for more info on how to use the histogram
    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tu...stograms.shtml
    Last edited by tchuanye; 13th October 2004 at 03:46 PM.

Blog Entries

FZ20 image quality is better than a lot of cameras I have used in the past and is on par with the FZ10. Some may say differently, and I think they are just trying to pick bones from tofu.

***Well said zenten. It's truely a fine cam!

***wiki, just wondering could it be the 'continuous focus' set to on?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12