Thread: Wow........10,000 people queuing up to buy HP Touchpad at $126 [Comex]

Default Wow........10,000 people queuing up to buy HP Touchpad at $126 [Comex]

By nxt year, every non-Apple Tablet be below $200. No need to rush.

iPad competitors will be combating each other for the smallest slice of the market. HP's recent move to sell $99 TouchPads means many consumers already have a device they can use for the next year or so. That reduces potential sales numbers, and creates an expectation that non-iPad tablets aren't worth much money. All vendors will feel this pricing pressure.

Default Re: Wow........10,000 people queuing up to buy HP Touchpad at $126 [Comex]

Considering that the Touchpad is a dead system going at fire sale prices, I highly doubt it's a reflection of the value of non-ipad tablets. You do realise that right?

Default Re: Wow........10,000 people queuing up to buy HP Touchpad at $126 [Comex]

Quote Originally Posted by s598719 View Post
    By nxt year, every non-Apple Tablet be below $200. No need to rush.

iPad competitors will be combating each other for the smallest slice of the market. HP's recent move to sell $99 TouchPads means many consumers already have a device they can use for the next year or so. That reduces potential sales numbers, and creates an expectation that non-iPad tablets aren't worth much money. All vendors will feel this pricing pressure.
    HP is discontinuing their product, that's why they're clearing it at that price.

It is not a given that all non-Apple tablet will be below $200 because HP is doing so.

Blog Entries

who is buying the HP laptops and not buying the projector ..... please PM me ....... I dont mind paying a little more for the projector to make your laptop discount a little better

ed
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

IBM gave up their ThinkCentre and ThinkPad business and look how happy they are now
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Blog Entries

what is a tablet without apps

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    Errr, something u ingest, digest and pass out?Hahahahahaha

Blog Entries

i have the iphone, ipad and ipod Touch

this white prison is comfortable and fun and keeps this prisoner satisfied ......... for now

The Oracle, Morpheus, Neo and Trinity are silently watching
    Last edited by ed9119; 2nd September 2011 at 05:03 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post

this white prison is comfortable and fun and keeps this prisoner satisfied ......... for now

hop over to the andriod camp .....
    Last edited by ed9119; 2nd September 2011 at 05:04 PM.

Someone re-selling his HP Touchpad at $300. That's more than a 100% increase.

Exactly, it's a reseller market. And the Android crackers are already installing Android on the TouchPads.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post

red pill, blue pill..
    Last edited by ed9119; 2nd September 2011 at 05:04 PM.

Drugs are bad for you.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

I was there today from 1015am n there were A LOT of ppl already! Then waited n waited, by 1130am, the standup portable billboard(?) regarding the TouchPad came out. And on it was pasted a big stick that says "ALL SOLD OUT"! I mean, what the? All 200pcs only for their Comex staffs n helpers? I felt so stupid to be there...
    Life is full of partings - snapshot them while you can & cherish them!

Intel from HWZ was that the queue number was given out at around 0800 hrs about 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    And the Android crackers are already installing Android on the TouchPads.
    thought no one manage to did it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    thought no one manage to did it yet?
    Sooner than you may think...

CyanogenMod shows off Android for TouchPad

There are rumours of possibility to install MS Windows Phone 7 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    A table.