Thread: Affordable flash

Default Affordable flash

Dear "lao-jiao"s,

I'm currently thinking of getting a flash unit for the F60 I got recently... Any recommendation? Hopefully something that do not cost more then the camera itself... approx. SGD$250...
    Thanks!!

You can get a "ACHIEVER" Flash.... Should cost around SGD$50. It normally comes with 2 or 3 settings options such as MANUAL, F5.6 or F4 depends on the model. No TTL, just the normal Auto function.

Deregistered

For a bit more you can consider the SB-28DX or a 2nd hand SB-80DX. Scanner is letting go of his SB-80DX, you can consider it.

the sb-80dx will be worth ya money definately..

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnQuah
    You can get a "ACHIEVER" Flash.... Should cost around SGD$50. It normally comes with 2 or 3 settings options such as MANUAL, F5.6 or F4 depends on the model. No TTL, just the normal Auto function.
    Thanks! I'll go look see look see...

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    For a bit more you can consider the SB-28DX or a 2nd hand SB-80DX. Scanner is letting go of his SB-80DX, you can consider it.
    What? no Buy! Buy! Buy! from you?

Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    the sb-80dx will be worth ya money definately..
    SB-80DX... $300-400... Thanks anyway...

Snap Sanp

I have a Sigma EF 500 Super (GN=50) which is mint, used less than 5 times since I bought it in 2002. This flash can do 3D TTL flash, have a bounce and swivel head, can do manual with variable power ratio, slave flash etc. Only thing it cannot do is wireless TTL and non-TTL Auto flash compared to the SB 80DX. But the Sigma is of course much cheaper, a new one now (new model) would cost about $350. I would be willing to let go mine for about $200. Let me know if you are interested. Can PM me.

regards
    NICK

Quote Originally Posted by Nick80
    Snap Sanp

I have a Sigma EF 500 Super (GN=50) which is mint, used less than 5 times since I bought it in 2002. This flash can do 3D TTL flash, have a bounce and swivel head, can do manual with variable power ratio, slave flash etc. Only thing it cannot do is wireless TTL and non-TTL Auto flash compared to the SB 80DX. But the Sigma is of course much cheaper, a new one now (new model) would cost about $350. I would be willing to let go mine for about $200. Let me know if you are interested. Can PM me.

regards
    NICK
    Hi Nick,
    Thanks! That is something I'll consider... Please do not hold that for me though... if I make the decision too late... serves me right for being slow...

Anymore recommendations?