Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommended computer for CS5 software

Blades are more expensive to maintain quite a large bulk due to the heat n power issue.
    Last edited by SkyStrike; 14th September 2011 at 08:59 AM.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Default Re: Recommended computer for CS5 software

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    Blades are more expensive to maintain quite a large bulk due to the heat n power issue.
    I agree with the heat.. but not the maintenance. But then again it depends on the scenario where they are used...
    Guess we had a good share OT already
    EOS

Default Re: Recommended computer for CS5 software

I think I got it ! "more" expensive and "more" heat.
    Somehow if not because client's are stuck with blades solution, and the corporate end up have to justify why they got one in the first place, projects normally don't even go for blades solutions. In the end blades vendor like IBM and HP and Dell just suck the account dry like a vampire. No doubt direct infrastructures to the blade are less, but the branding and the blade form factor just doesn't fit in the tender price.

Nowadays is virtualization on the go. I would rather just proposal hp super dome with virtualization on top of it and better resources utilization.

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Please share with us, after many years in the industry I'm still curious One thing is for sure: blades help to create hot spots in data centers.
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12