Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: How to get this effect in Photoshop Post Processed?

  1. #1

    Default How to get this effect in Photoshop Post Processed?

    I came across this image on the web, and I have been wanting to do this kind of Post Process, but i don't know the steps. Can someone, help me with this. thanks alot.

    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

  2. #2

    Default Re: How to get this effect in Photoshop Post Processed?

    desaturate, shift color cast/tint a bit to cyan, add soft filter. Learn how to use photoshop first, then you'll be able to recognize basic things like this.
    Alpha

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,462

    Default Re: How to get this effect in Photoshop Post Processed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    desaturate, shift color cast/tint a bit to cyan, add soft filter. Learn how to use photoshop first, then you'll be able to recognize basic things like this.
    Huh???

  4. #4
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: How to get this effect in Photoshop Post Processed?

    Quote Originally Posted by nasrul92 View Post
    I came across this image on the web, and I have been wanting to do this kind of Post Process, but i don't know the steps. Can someone, help me with this. thanks alot.

    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
    There are many ways to skin a cat.

    I would do it using color curves in Photoshop.

    Please refer to this: http://layersmagazine.com/curvy-cross-processing.html

    I think some amount of shift was done to magenta/cyan/blue side - so you'd have to tweak each R/G/B curve accordingly. Hope this helps.

  5. #5
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: How to get this effect in Photoshop Post Processed?

    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    Huh???
    u can try read up about curves.

    http://www.google.com.sg/#sclient=ps...w=1280&bih=604

  6. #6

    Default Re: How to get this effect in Photoshop Post Processed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    desaturate, shift color cast/tint a bit to cyan, add soft filter. Learn how to use photoshop first, then you'll be able to recognize basic things like this.
    What is basic to you may not be basic to others .
    Just like a G chord for an accomplished gutar player is basic but for someone who just want to learn a song as a surprise for his gf on her birthday, its complicated stuff.You do not expect him to learn all the chords just to play that one song right ?

  7. #7
    Member SurrealDreamWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Outer Limits
    Posts
    1,565

    Default Re: How to get this effect in Photoshop Post Processed?

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    There are many ways to skin a cat.

    I would do it using color curves in Photoshop.

    Please refer to this: http://layersmagazine.com/curvy-cross-processing.html

    I think some amount of shift was done to magenta/cyan/blue side - so you'd have to tweak each R/G/B curve accordingly. Hope this helps.


    thanks for sharing
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

  8. #8
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: How to get this effect in Photoshop Post Processed?

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    There are many ways to skin a cat.

    I would do it using color curves in Photoshop.

    Please refer to this: http://layersmagazine.com/curvy-cross-processing.html

    I think some amount of shift was done to magenta/cyan/blue side - so you'd have to tweak each R/G/B curve accordingly. Hope this helps.
    dats what i am doing now haha but slightly different.

  9. #9
    Member jas1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore / Little Red Dot
    Posts
    475

    Default Re: How to get this effect in Photoshop Post Processed?

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    There are many ways to skin a cat.

    I would do it using color curves in Photoshop.

    Please refer to this: http://layersmagazine.com/curvy-cross-processing.html

    I think some amount of shift was done to magenta/cyan/blue side - so you'd have to tweak each R/G/B curve accordingly. Hope this helps.
    Nice.. thanks for sharing...
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

  10. #10
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: How to get this effect in Photoshop Post Processed?

    find a prog called color efex... find cross processing... use it.

    its easier for beginners.

    if u want more control, use the curves as suggested by the abv.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart
    find a prog called color efex... find cross processing... use it.

    its easier for beginners.

    if u want more control, use the curves as suggested by the abv.
    Is it a standalone software or one of the bundled software from nik?
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  12. #12
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: How to get this effect in Photoshop Post Processed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    Is it a standalone software or one of the bundled software from nik?
    from nik.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default Re: How to get this effect in Photoshop Post Processed?

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    from nik.
    Thanks for the info
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •