Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 58 of 58

Thread: Is Fuji X100 suitable for a newbie?

  1. #41
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Is Fuji X100 suitable for a newbie?

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Uncle catchlights... Printing professional on camera doesn't make it professional...

    If not I just add Professional on the bottom of every image I make, means I very pro?
    other than add add Professional on the bottom of every image you made, you can also paste a sticker written "Professional" on your camera, lenses, filters, flash, blower and camera bag. Not forgetting adding the word "Professional" onto your namecard as well.

    PS, I'm sure you know what format are these cameras.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  2. #42
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Is Fuji X100 suitable for a newbie?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    And who can forget the skin tone master......
    Yes, nobody does it better.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  3. #43
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Is Fuji X100 suitable for a newbie?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    other than add add Professional on the bottom of every image you made, you can also paste a sticker written "Professional" on your camera, lenses, filters, flash, blower and camera bag. Not forgetting adding the word "Professional" onto your namecard as well.

    PS, I'm sure you know what format are these cameras.
    Of course I know..

  4. #44
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Is Fuji X100 suitable for a newbie?

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Well... I think what catchlights mean... Fuji can make some really great camera like the GX617 (with or without the "professional" printed on it). This camera was being used by the professionals around the world... and if they are not as professional as the other camera manufacturers, then how would they actually come out with these babies?
    just add a little info,

    Fuji also produce lenses for Large format cameras, Nikon as well.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  5. #45
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Is Fuji X100 suitable for a newbie?

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Well... I think what catchlights mean... Fuji can make some really great camera like the GX617 (with or without the "professional" printed on it). This camera was being used by the professionals around the world... and if they are not as professional as the other camera manufacturers, then how would they actually come out with these babies?
    Rhino123, I know la... Just joking around with uncle catchlights..

  6. #46

    Default

    I am into photography for past 4 yrs coming from canon 400d to 450d to 40d & 50d.. Had tried 4 types of L lenses but now I felt I prefer to own a classic looking camera like X100 or the Leica... Look at Abbas the famous photographer he uses Leica film cameras since 70's & his pictures are so real & with great emotions & stories... A fixed lens gave an advanced as well as a beginner photographer a chance to improve his skill by walking closer or further to the subject/s.... Beginners would have a better feel too to learn how to compose a perfect picture by using his or her feet...
    These days too much frills in a camera that old timer like me would not readily welcome

  7. #47

    Default Re: Is Fuji X100 suitable for a newbie?

    Quote Originally Posted by alvinfrancis View Post
    I am into photography for past 4 yrs coming from canon 400d to 450d to 40d & 50d.. Had tried 4 types of L lenses but now I felt I prefer to own a classic looking camera like X100 or the Leica... Look at Abbas the famous photographer he uses Leica film cameras since 70's & his pictures are so real & with great emotions & stories... A fixed lens gave an advanced as well as a beginner photographer a chance to improve his skill by walking closer or further to the subject/s.... Beginners would have a better feel too to learn how to compose a perfect picture by using his or her feet...
    These days too much frills in a camera that old timer like me would not readily welcome
    to a certain extent the lens... yes. but you have primes on most systems. whether you want to use them all the time or not.

    and it's mainly the photographer. you can give someone a leica, but with an untrained eye and lacking in skills, i doubt he or she can produce what abbas can

  8. #48

    Default Re: Is Fuji X100 suitable for a newbie?

    Is the X100 really that good? I am into Street and food photography.

  9. #49

    Default Re: Is Fuji X100 suitable for a newbie?

    I like the design of the X100, but I am a newbie, couldn't see why the X100 is price so high at 1.5k

  10. #50
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitasoya
    I like the design of the X100, but I am a newbie, couldn't see why the X100 is price so high at 1.5k
    No offense, but if you cannot see the worth of the x100, then the camera is not for you. It is as simple as that. One less thing to think about.

  11. #51

    Default Re: Is Fuji X100 suitable for a newbie?

    Yep though x100 is fixed lens, but it sure packs alot of punch, at least tts what I feel as a newbie.

    Waiting for nex-7 to release on Nov before making my choice (and saving up at the same time )

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default Re: Is Fuji X100 suitable for a newbie?

    I think camerrental.biz has this rentable right? Might want to rent and give it a try b4 buying?
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  13. #53

    Default Re: Is Fuji X100 suitable for a newbie?

    I would wait for X10 to come out, perhaps the price of X100 will drop. Wah I hope when I buy, groupon dont slash price just like they did to EPL 2!

  14. #54

    Default Re: Is Fuji X100 suitable for a newbie?

    The x100 is v chio but the price is 1.6k la

  15. #55
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitasoya
    I would wait for X10 to come out, perhaps the price of X100 will drop. Wah I hope when I buy, groupon dont slash price just like they did to EPL 2!
    Prices of cameras will drop irregardless. The x10 is not a replacement for the x100 but a lower spec'd camera aimed at a different market. The sensor of the x10 is considerably smaller, so you will get much deeper depth of field and less subject isolation than the x100 and at the same time lose all the benefits the larger sensor in the x100 gives you.

  16. #56

    Default Re: Is Fuji X100 suitable for a newbie?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    please allow me to show you some Fuji cameras....




    Uncle catchlights
    any chance I can catch these 2 camera in action?
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  17. #57

    Default

    I think I gonna wait till dec before I decide!

  18. #58

    Default Re: Is Fuji X100 suitable for a newbie?

    To be frank, there is no suitable equipment for a newbie. If the newbie is a son of a millionaire, I will ask him to get a medium format camera to start with.
    It's to do with your budget and how much you wish to indulge in. Any DSLR with sufficient controls will suit your needs if you are trying to learn how to work with DSLR. Fuji X100 is selling its looks more than its functionality. No offense to those that own one, but IMHO, I say for someone term newbie, a Canon 500D works just fine. If you are afraid of bulkiness, don't get a DSLR, get a Canon S95. If you are interested in DSLR, don't mind the bulkiness because there is good reason why they are so.

    Quote Originally Posted by iamthatman View Post
    Hi hi,
    been looking around, and I've really come to like Fuji's X100. Its not as bulky and with it's nice exterior and APS-C CMOS sensor being close to DSLRs, i'm kinda attracted to it.
    but heard from my photography frens that its nt an easy cam to use, so i tot I would like to hear some advice first before purchasing one as my first good cam.

    Thnx! your valuable feedback is deeply appreciated
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •