Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Fuji X100 suitable for a newbie?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is Fuji X100 suitable for a newbie?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinWhite View Post
    Well, I think so. As is known to all, Fuji's products are not so professional when compared with Canon and Nikon or other professional producer. But as a newbie, it is a good choice because you can experience the photography with a suitable price -- it will not beyond your budget.
    well that's only you, not all
    Lousy de My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    What exactly do you mean by not so professional as compared with Canon, Nikon and other professional producer? You mean they didn't produce DSLR... wait... they did, only they stop that line sometime ago. They produce good PnS that are very very innovative and produce excellent results as compared to other big players' PnS.

It is all up to the target market. Fujifilm was not targeting at DSLR user when they design their cameras. But their cameras are by no mean not professional as compared to equivalent group of cameras from other major manufacturer.

And X100 is a rangefinder (with a APS-C sensor), I would say it is a very very good camera. The only quirks I have is its price and fix lens. And I would say, it certainly is very professional...
    Fujifilm X100 is not a rangefinder. It is merely designed to LOOK like a rangefinder.
    D200

Well, I think so. As is known to all, Fuji's products are not so professional when compared with Canon and Nikon or other professional producer. But as a newbie, it is a good choice because you can experience the photography with a suitable price -- it will not beyond your budget.
    It is clear that you have not done your homework before making the comment.
    D200

ok... lets be nice.

But for a beginner to start with a fixed "zoomless" lens it tends to be a little crippling. Would not recommend it for someone starting photography. You're more likely to feel "restrained".
    It would be wiser to get either the XZ-1 or one of the mirrorless "dslr" don't think the SLR term is correct anymore...
    P&S: Sony U20, Pana-leica FZ5, Canon S90, Pana DMC-T3
    SLR: Nikkor F60, Oly E-510, Oly E-5

u have to try with prime lens 1st...not everyone likes prime lens....
    if u think, u're happy with that..u can go ahead to buy X100...if not, better to buy another camera...
    its more on your preference...

*just my 2cents*

Quote Originally Posted by bruggink View Post
    Fujifilm X100 is not a rangefinder. It is merely designed to LOOK like a rangefinder.
    Ok, my bad. The X100 is a rangefinder-style compact camera.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

To TS, you might want to take a look at the newly announced Fuji X10 which has the zoom function plus the look of the x100.

Relax guys.Noneed to foxtrot KevinWhite . He is only trying to share what he knows.
    If as the experts here think he is not right , there is no need to make him look like he commited a federal crime right ?

At least he take the effort to offer what he knows instead of "go use the search function" or "please google the answer"

Blimey,we are all newbies once before .

This is a place with lots and lots of information .
    As newbies , sometimes we are overwhelmed by such a massive information overload .

Please please just ignore us if you feel the questions we asked are beneath your level to answer . I would think no answers is better than "go google it" or "dont you know how to use the search button instead " . Sometimes we really do not know how to use the button .

Thanks

Cool Down People... no point getting angry... we are only here to share our knowledge and what we think can help... cool man...
    Last edited by jas1984; 1st September 2011 at 06:10 PM.
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobsterkia View Post
    Relax guys.Noneed to foxtrot KevinWhite . He is only trying to share what he knows.
    If as the experts here think he is not right , there is no need to make him look like he commited a federal crime right ?

At least he take the effort to offer what he knows instead of "go use the search function" or "please google the answer"
    No one is making him look like he committed a federal crime.

He made a statement that is inaccurate. If don't know, then don't say. If say wrongly, nothing wrong also, but be prepared to be called on that and corrected.

If a person cannot stand any correction or criticism, then a forum is not something for him/her.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 1st September 2011 at 07:12 PM.

can i ask if getting a x100 will it be cheaper than a dslr in long run?
    wont get BBB virus.. (other lens)
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)

Quote Originally Posted by kelchew View Post
    Well it depend on how you look at thing.. as what if you got the X100 and in the near future you found that it can no longer satisfy your desire for photography you will still end up buying a dlsr... meaning to say will end up spending more.. this is only my personally opinion.. Do correct me if i am wrong...
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

Actually... even when you are using DSLR, you might not get BBB virus too

Depending on what you intend to shoot and what was your style of photography. I have known photographer who uses 50mm f1.8 for years without adding another other lens to their arsenal. So it also boils down to one's discipline.

Of course when you get the X100, you might be forced not to buy any other lenses (basically, you can't). But... like what Jas had said, you might find that limiting... then the fate of that X100 was either to retire semi-permanently in your dry cabinet or would be sold off to another person.
    My lousy shots

If you compare it this way, then yes. It should be cheaper, provided you don't sell your X100 and get a new DSLR. I guess the more rational way is to find out what X100 can offer while DSLR cant and vice versa.
    D200

please allow me to show you some Fuji cameras....

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Blog Entries

And who can forget the skin tone master......

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    please allow me to show you some Fuji cameras....
    Uncle catchlights... Printing professional on camera doesn't make it professional...

If not I just add Professional on the bottom of every image I make, means I very pro?

Quote Originally Posted by lobsterkia View Post

Yes, freedom of speech is all about expressing one's opinion, and everyone's opinion is sacred and cannot be touched or criticised.

Oops, so freedom of speech is about people just stating their opinion and then everyone else sitting around keeping quiet even if they disagree. But what about my opinion of their opinion.... Doesn't it matter????? Don't you care about my opinion anymore????????

People have the fundamental right to take an argument to the point where somebody is offended by what they say. Itís no trick to support the free speech of somebody you agree with or to whose opinion you are indifferent. The defence of free speech begins at the point when people say something you canít stand. If you canít defend their right to say it, then you donít believe in free speech. You only believe in free speech as long as it doesnít get up your nose. But free speech does get up peopleís noses.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Uncle catchlights... Printing professional on camera doesn't make it professional...

If not I just add Professional on the bottom of every image I make, means I very pro?
    Well... I think what catchlights mean... Fuji can make some really great camera like the GX617 (with or without the "professional" printed on it). This camera was being used by the professionals around the world... and if they are not as professional as the other camera manufacturers, then how would they actually come out with these babies?
    My lousy shots

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast