Thread: Expected salary per mth/yr?

Default Expected salary per mth/yr?

Hi guys

Got a newbie's qn to ask. In a job application form, what is the difference between expected salary per mth and expected salary per yr? Does it mean the figure for per yr includes yr expected bonus?

per year and per month salary..think most of us only submit expected per month..
    per year can just multiply by 12 or should multiply by 13 (including aws)
    keke
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon
    Hi guys

Got a newbie's qn to ask. In a job application form, what is the difference between expected salary per mth and expected salary per yr? Does it mean the figure for per yr includes yr expected bonus?
    in singapore, most of us talk abt expected salary per mth..
    as we treat bouns as extra.

but is US or ang-mo country , they treat bouns as one of their salary package, hence they use to state expected salary per yr.

Monthly is your basic pay each month. Nowadays companies also would offer:
    - year end bonus (the so called 13th month pay)
    - quarter bonus (based on company profit and loss)
    - profit sharing (similar to above)
    - stock options (a bit difficult to explain here)

In some companies, the bonus can be higher than the basic pay. But if u are new kid on the block, dont ask too much, just write down your monthly salary, get the job, work hard, perform well, and your reward will come by.

I agree with Austin. As you move up the company, you will probably get more and more of your total pay as variable component. Especially stocks. Or if you are in sales, commission may present a significant percentage.

If you are just starting out, a monthly salary or multiply by 13 for annual should be ok. Do be realistic but don't short change yourself.

Good Luck! Hope you get a good pay so you spend on photography But more importantly, get a job you will enjoy.

Thanks for the input, guys.

Astin, I am definitely just starting out only(actually graduating only next yr but need to send in application now. When u mentioned just put mthly pay, do u mean for yearly amt, I just multiply by 12 cos it is a field I need to fill and not optional.

So to summarize, the expected pay per yr includes bonus n other benefits I would expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon
    Thanks for the input, guys.

Astin, I am definitely just starting out only(actually graduating only next yr but need to send in application now. When u mentioned just put mthly pay, do u mean for yearly amt, I just multiply by 12 cos it is a field I need to fill and not optional.

So to summarize, the expected pay per yr includes bonus n other benefits I would expect?
    I suggest:
    If u want a monthly salary of $2k, then u should write:
    Expected monthly salary = $2k
    Expected annual salary = $24k
    The 13th month, bonus, profit sharing, stock option, commission are not guarantee, so dont need to include. And some interviewers (eg me) are easily put off by candidates who always ask for what bonus/profit sharing/etc during the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    But if u are new kid on the block, dont ask too much, just write down your monthly salary, get the job, work hard, perform well, and your reward will come by.
    The best advice I ever come across from CS Kopitiam...

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    And some interviewers (eg me) are easily put off by candidates who always ask for what bonus/profit sharing/etc during the interview.
    Agree with Astin, don't ask for bonus/profit sharing/etc...
    unless they talk 1st.

Don't ask that during the 1st interview, some interviewer (like me) don't like that.

For MNC, this issue relating to $$$, normally is HR do the talk, so don't ask the interviewers.

Thanks for all valuable feedback. I am glad I posted this question here.