Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: kudos to sinned79 for protecting photographers ricebowl

Blog Entries

Default Re: kudos to sinned79 for protecting photographers ricebowl

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    people who can't shoot, and people who don't want to pay. It would be poetic justice if the two always met.
    this made my day

please note:

"service wanted" section is for members posting threads on requesting services provided by other members, as long money is being offered for as a form of compensation, we will let the threads remain there.
    members can post some enquiries asking TS to provide more details on the services he/she is seeking, it is not appropriate to post any other types of comments on the matter or any self-advertising messages, it will be deleted as considered as off topic posts.

If members wish to rise certain issues with particular "service wanted" threads, the best place to post such threads is at KPT here.

and if members found out the TS is actually seeking for free services in some of services wanted threads are after contacting the TS, please use report bad post function with proofs, these threads will be deleted. Or you can post in KPT to rise awareness to other members.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Danntbt View Post
    Here's another cheapo job offer....which I am sure dennis would remember also...

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...41#post7338441

....perhaps its phrased in a nice way....

Not sure why he needs a photographer though as his profile indicates that he is:

Occupation Professional Photographer/videographer
    owns:
    Camera Type Nikon D3s, D3, D700, D300s, D300, D7000,
    Canon 1D Mk3, 5Dm2, 40D
    ohh i rem this one!

There are many services requests and offers on TFCD term, I also want to highlight a few things here,

TFCD offers are on personal basic, it is a collaborating term between photographers and models on creating portfolio and gaining experience, there is no such things that seeking TFCD for birthday party, ROMs, weddings, or any commercial assignments.
    and it has to be on ONE photographer to ONE model, no group TFCD. any threads violating the terms will be deleted.

for photographers offering TFCD, the place to post is "photography services directory",
    for models, makeup artists and stylists offering TFCD, the place to post is modeling services directory"

for any New Comers or members who are here to seek for TFCD from photographers on One Time basis, they can post such request on "Services Wanted" section, there are couple things to take note,
    members need to provide;
    state their request clearly, like what he/she need or looking for
    brief intro of themselves, like male/female, physical appearance, age
    some recent photos of themselves for reference (via links to online album)

and very importantly, please be reminded since this collaborating term without paying each other for services/time, the ownership of the photos it is still belong to the photographers by the local laws.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post

and very importantly, please be reminded since this collaborating term without paying each other for services/time, the ownership of the photos it is still belong to the photographers by the local laws.
    this is important too i feel.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    ....................... people who can't shoot, and people who don't want to pay. It would be poetic justice if the two always met.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    this is important too i feel.
    people who can't shoot, and people who don't want to pay,
    plus both don't know about their rights,
    it is a heavenly matched if both met. lol

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    that's why i am curious who is those monkeys that took up her job haha
    hahaha i want to know who also........
    to continue press hex key , to return to main menu press star

Quote Originally Posted by garagez View Post
    hahaha i want to know who also........
    Ok you go to the ROM and come back and let us know.

These photographers are just heading the wise advice from our dear government to be cheaper, better, faster.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

When theres an offer, there will be takers.

I wonder how many photographers who started in recent year did not do cheaper/lower-end jobs to jumpstart.

It's a myth that shooting at $15/hr today means I will be shooting at $15/hr 3 years later. Go take a look at services offered... theres an "infamous" young photographer with 20,000 thread views and his rate for AD wedding increased from $150 to $800+ within 2 years.

If photography is your only revenue of work, and you're not an upper-strata photographer, you will understand what I mean.

I wish all budget and high-end PGs a prosperous 3 months of year-end work ahead. There is pie for everyone.

Sinned79 deserves the highest award this photographic community can give:

Some people just won't get it but to each his own. The info and methods are all out there for anyone interested. We are only limited by the size of our dreams. If you tell yourself you cannot reach higher and find excuses, then even in dreams you are a loser. It's applies not just in photography, but in all business.

There are differences between being ordinary and being dirt cheap. Aim for the best, if you dont reach, you still won't be too ordinary and you certainly won't be dirt. Singapore has a extreme high concentration of rich people and companies, if you cannot make it in Singapore you will not make it in any other Asian city.

Camera technology is getting better and cheaper. It's getting easier and easier for anyone to get good pictures. If your are not diffentialing yourself from the ordinary guy with a camera, then you better be, or be very worried.

I love Sion's signature. That is the spirit and secret of many successful individuals.
    Last edited by JasonB; 30th August 2011 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post

I wonder how many photographers who started in recent year did not do cheaper/lower-end jobs to jumpstart.

It's a myth that shooting at $15/hr today means I will be shooting at $15/hr 3 years later. Go take a look at services offered... theres an "infamous" young photographer with 20,000 thread views and his rate for AD wedding increased from $150 to $800+ within 2 years.

If photography is your only revenue of work, and you're not an upper-strata photographer, you will understand what I mean.

I wish all budget and high-end PGs a prosperous 3 months of year-end work ahead. There is pie for everyone.
    oh tks for informing! i was wondering how he manage to survive based on that previous rate... this is good, it only proves that no one can sustain for long charging cheap! Even hawker food price is raising!

To some, camera may be cheap, but I never think they are cheap when you charge low for jobs.. if say i charge $50 per job, how many jobs must I do to even recover the cost of a 500d with kit lens? and how about the time and effort? and alot of people are using high end gears.. so it just don't make sense..

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    i was wondering how he manage to survive based on that previous rate...
    I think he might need to lose some weight with bread and water at the beginning.

But now he could afford bread with shark fin soup.
    Last edited by Sion; 30th August 2011 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I think he might need to lose some weight with bread and water at the beginning.

But now he could afford bread with shark fin soup.
    lol if i put up a thread offering phtgr $5/hr, i think still got phtgr queing up for this job.

Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post

don't forget there is a new photographers emerging every minutes,
    if ones only doing it for part time, can able sustain for very long time.
    but if doing it seriously as full time, I guess most of them won't last for the first or second years.

don't forget there is a new photographers emerging every minutes,
    if ones only doing it for part time, can able sustain for very long time.
    but if doing it seriously as full time, I guess most of them won't last for the first or second years.
    All the more part timers should charge properly as part timers do not rely 100% of their income on photography and thus can have the luxury if pricing for the right gig.

Anyway the figures are sad and a joke.

$150 for a whole wedding? Some photog earn that per hour, and some business savvy ones even earn the same amount without clicking a shutter.

$800 a wedding is consider low. Why does one need 2 years to get to a low rate? If you wanna be cheap you can be straight away. There is no need to go from dirt cheap to cheap.

I mean there are wedding togs who start straight above 1K and is approaching 2K for their second year.

I think this is a prime example that if you start cheap, you are stucked cheap. 2 years to get to $800 aiyo!

Blog Entries

barriers to entry... for event photography market is close to nil.....

barriers for OTHER types of photography is still high

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    wah Dennis, this is very rare outburst from you ...... thanks for 'show head' and standing up for others.......

however, as long as there is a price offered (ya sadly no matter the amount) its up to the photog to decide

the maths is simple enough to do ....

Anyway the food chain is VERY VERY tall from the bottom-feeders to the 5-Jobs-Live-Like-King-Rest-of-Year and everyone else in between ....... Darwin will sort them out...
    agreed!

on a related note, people pay so much and get photographers like http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...350-video.html and http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...close-ups.html

i feel quite sorry for the married couples involved!
    Last edited by littleredpoppy; 30th August 2011 at 08:42 PM.

i'm lucky to have a few friends who're professionals and can count on to get great shots when i'm married. although they're pricey, they'll definitely deliver.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast