Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: kudos to sinned79 for protecting photographers ricebowl

Default Re: kudos to sinned79 for protecting photographers ricebowl

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Aiyaa. So she has a "sincere" applicant. He'll probably just forget his SD card and only realize after the 2 hours are over.
    perhaps... Dawn Hui is google? *GASP*

experiment spell wrongly! uh oh...

Quote Originally Posted by soeypixels View Post
    i read that thread ..
    btw i thought moderators will moderate and not allow such thread? as in looking for cheapo photographers
    please read post #4 and #8,
    as long it is not seeking for free services, it is still consider a paid assignment,

my rate is very cheap, has not being adjusted for sometime, maybe I have help to shoot about 15mins,
    tho $50 is not much, but I believe it is still a good money for some students, I will gladly let the new aspiring passionate truth selfless photographers take up this assignment.. let them do whatever experiment with their newly acquired camera/lenses and skills on this assignment.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by t3hkor View Post
    experiment spell wrongly! uh oh...
    I make that post in the train, :P

now I too lazy to correct the typo.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    please read post #4 and #8,
    as long it is not seeking for free services, it is still consider a paid assignment,

my rate is very cheap, has not being adjusted for sometime, maybe I have help to shoot about 15mins,
    tho $50 is not much, but I believe it is still a good money for some students, I will gladly let the new aspiring passionate truth selfless photographers take up this assignment.. let them do whatever experiment with their newly acquired camera/lenses and skills on this assignment.
    haha icic

What to do, the market is Fu cked already...
    Free I think also got people do...
    Only way out is to provide quality and convince your client It is necessary to pay for the quality. I.e the big names in wedding photog like light pixels. No point in going for this kind of stupid market.

Quote Originally Posted by yamcake View Post
    What to do, the market is Fu cked already...
    Free I think also got people do...
    Only way out is to provide quality and convince your client It is necessary to pay for the quality. I.e the big names in wedding photog like light pixels. No point in going for this kind of stupid market.
    you'll be surprised.

i do a lot of things for free too.

and that includes shooting for my company and taking people out on photography excursions.

and they're thankful. and they enjoy learning.

so are you calling them stupid, or me stupid?

k chilled guys. what got me to bash that thread cos i saw 2 threads, one offering $100 one offering $50 and that really shook me off my seat... cos somehow i hope that Clubsnap wun turn into a cheap hunting ground for photographers... that doesn't sounds right (at least for me). So in the end i went in to "educate" the TS. But looking at her attitude, it seems that this price is justifiable to her... to pay cheap rates to photographers... although she is the paymaster for the photographer, she ought to do some check what is the usual market rates... at least pay fairly to whoever who ever took up the job. Good $$$ can motivates good work right? Else rather save that money and DIY... might as well.

sometimes, customers do not know what is the ballpark price for certain photography services, may make some ridiculous offers, let us give them the benefit of doubts.
    but if this is the price being offered by some photographers, customers will take it as a "market rate", so will cite some photographers are charging exorbitant rate.

isn't this is the good example of "spoiling the market"? and now who's fault is this?

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    sometimes, customers do not know what is the ballpark price for certain photography services, may make some ridiculous offers, let us give them the benefit of doubts.
    but if this is the price being offered by some photographers, customers will take it as a "market rate", so will cite some photographers are charging exorbitant rate.

isn't this is the good example of "spoiling the market"? and now who's fault is this?
    that's why i am curious who is those monkeys that took up her job haha

Blog Entries

She should just use google lolzzzzz .... It's free !
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    that's why i am curious who is those monkeys that took up her job haha
    i duno how those people feel but honestly.... doing a paid shoot while ur a noob. isnt it stressful if u cant deliver? and u expect yourself to be paid? lol maybe thats why they thought $50 for a noob to gain exp n produce some **** is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    k chilled guys. what got me to bash that thread cos i saw 2 threads, one offering $100 one offering $50 and that really shook me off my seat... cos somehow i hope that Clubsnap wun turn into a cheap hunting ground for photographers... that doesn't sounds right (at least for me). So in the end i went in to "educate" the TS. But looking at her attitude, it seems that this price is justifiable to her... to pay cheap rates to photographers... although she is the paymaster for the photographer, she ought to do some check what is the usual market rates... at least pay fairly to whoever who ever took up the job. Good $$$ can motivates good work right? Else rather save that money and DIY... might as well.
    Bro you may have had good intentions, but you were certainly not trying to educate TS... I would not have appreciate the tone either, even though I think $50 is certainly off the mark.

Anyway, we will soon find out if the offer is taken up or cries of rage will sound out... who knows the couple getting married already have another friend and this is merely a backup?
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

dennis my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Royale With Cheese View Post
    50bucks for 2 hours? damn......

Some really love to short sell themselves.

I strongly believe that as a photographer, one shouldnt short sell ourselves. Leave these to the bottom feeders I guess.
    It is actually more than a 2 hour job, still got travelling time, editing time..

That said, I have seen photographers whom I won't hire even if they only wanted $50 for the whole day. So there are troubles on both sides of the fence - people who can't shoot, and people who don't want to pay. It would be poetic justice if the two always met.
    Last edited by edutilos-; 30th August 2011 at 12:14 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    people who can't shoot, and people who don't want to pay. It would be poetic justice if the two ....met.
    I should change my sig tag to this gem of a quote
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    u cant take him as your average example..
    him and the missus are full well capable of executing the job themselves on the day, complete with all the unconventional angled shots..

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    it'll be more of a drama

i suppose most of the time it's people who know the actual rates, but decide to come in here because they believe it's a place where new photographers gather... and therefore can get them to work for less.

Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    Bro you may have had good intentions, but you were certainly not trying to educate TS... I would not have appreciate the tone either, even though I think $50 is certainly off the mark.
    there is many ways to educate ppl, my style can be extreme sometimes as well, but it serves, to get my point to TS head. Now she knows, there is someone in Clubsnap who "targets" her, I bet this is the last time she will be in Clubsnap scouting for cheapo photographers.

Here's another cheapo job offer....which I am sure dennis would remember also...

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...41#post7338441

....perhaps its phrased in a nice way....

Not sure why he needs a photographer though as his profile indicates that he is:

Occupation Professional Photographer/videographer
    owns:
    Camera Type Nikon D3s, D3, D700, D300s, D300, D7000,
    Canon 1D Mk3, 5Dm2, 40D
    Last edited by Danntbt; 30th August 2011 at 07:45 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast