Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: qus on UWA

  1. #1

    Default qus on UWA

    hi everyone i have a qus on UWA lens, can i ask if using a UWA lens the side of the building(MBS) seem like falling down is it normal?
    anyway can i make it like look like not falling down?


    _MG_0152 by noob kel, on Flickr

    with pp done in LR is it nicer?

    _MG_0152-1 by noob kel, on Flickr
    Last edited by kelchew; 29th August 2011 at 08:28 PM.
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)

  2. #2

    Default Re: qus on UWA

    This distortion is due to you pointing camera upwards. Can correct in PP if not serious, otherwise top may look stretched.

  3. #3
    Member motionstills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Middle East SG
    Posts
    1,749

    Default Re: qus on UWA

    yap it's normal. use software like lightroom, captureone etc to correct it.

  4. #4

    Default Re: qus on UWA

    Quote Originally Posted by GRbenji View Post
    This distortion is due to you pointing camera upwards. Can correct in PP if not serious, otherwise top may look stretched.
    thanks so it can be pp.. think i really must go and learn lightroom or ps...

    Quote Originally Posted by motionstills View Post
    yap it's normal. use software like lightroom, captureone etc to correct it.
    thanks i will try to do it in lightroom and see how it go.. thanks so much
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    3,443

    Default Re: qus on UWA

    btw, it's called "keystone effect". You can read more about this on google..
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

  6. #6

    Default Re: qus on UWA

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    btw, it's called "keystone effect". You can read more about this on google..
    thanks sky, i trying to dl the trial ver of lightroom 1st.. i will google this
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)

  7. #7

    Default Re: qus on UWA

    if you don't want the building to lean around, try not to tilt the camera too much or better still, get a tilt-shift lens.

  8. #8

    Default Re: qus on UWA

    Quote Originally Posted by tecnica View Post
    if you don't want the building to lean around, try not to tilt the camera too much or better still, get a tilt-shift lens.
    i dont really get this point
    i still vy new in this.. dont tilt.. i nvm tilt leh..
    think i got to go and take more pic and try
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)

  9. #9
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: qus on UWA

    Quote Originally Posted by kelchew View Post
    i dont really get this point
    i still vy new in this.. dont tilt.. i nvm tilt leh..
    think i got to go and take more pic and try

    The keystone effect is not caused by the UWA lens, but by you tilting the camera up from horizontal position in order to fit in a tall building or structure.
    When you tilt the camera up, all parts of the building are no longer the same distance from your camera. The base is nearer to you than the top. Hence you get converging lines. It's a similar phenomenon to photographing a road. It appears to converge in the distance.
    Exploring! :)

  10. #10

    Default Re: qus on UWA

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    The keystone effect is not caused by the UWA lens, but by you tilting the camera up from horizontal position in order to fit in a tall building or structure.
    When you tilt the camera up, all parts of the building are no longer the same distance from your camera. The base is nearer to you than the top. Hence you get converging lines. It's a similar phenomenon to photographing a road. It appears to converge in the distance.
    oh i see, so it i tilt the cam up.. that y they have this effect.. i always though it becos of the UWA, that y my pic on the MBS is all like falling back....
    thanks for the help will go and try again when i not working...
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)

  11. #11
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: qus on UWA

    Quote Originally Posted by kelchew View Post
    oh i see, so it i tilt the cam up.. that y they have this effect.. i always though it becos of the UWA, that y my pic on the MBS is all like falling back....
    thanks for the help will go and try again when i not working...
    nope

    get a hotshoe spirit level if that helps. Easier to see if you are mis-aligned. Alternatively if your camera viewfinder gives you gridlines, can use that to align horizon + the vertical sections of buildings.
    Take note that the sides of MBS are not straight vertical.
    Exploring! :)

  12. #12

    Default Re: qus on UWA

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    nope

    get a hotshoe spirit level if that helps. Easier to see if you are mis-aligned. Alternatively if your camera viewfinder gives you gridlines, can use that to align horizon + the vertical sections of buildings.
    Take note that the sides of MBS are not straight vertical.
    thanks for the tip i have do some pp in lightroom.. now it look better( i think) lolz will post it up for some c&c..
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)

  13. #13
    Member motionstills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Middle East SG
    Posts
    1,749

    Default Re: qus on UWA

    You may also want to ref this for the correction,

    http://www.lonestardigital.com/persp...correction.htm

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •