Thread: Panasonic GF3 or Sony Nex-C3

Default Panasonic GF3 or Sony Nex-C3

Panasonic GF3 or Sony Nex-C3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which one is better in terms of user friendly and pictures quality.

In terms of price are the same. Both selling dual lens at close to $1k.

I am currently using Panasonic LX3 and looking for a upgrade.

I am a newbies in photography.

Any experts can give me some advice?

Default Re: Panasonic GF3 or Sony Nex-C3

if you like the LX3's menu interface, the GF3 is sorta similar, though with more features of course.

Nex-C3 looks very compact. Sensor is also bigger than GF3's, which theoretically should give you better high-ISO capability.

The more important question is why do you want to replace your LX3? Is it letting you down in some aspect?
    Exploring! :)

Basically... user friendliness is very subjective. Some find the sony very user friendly, others find panasonic to be easier. So it is really up to oneself...

Do try other brands' mirrorless too... like Samsung and Olympus. They made very very good cameras too.

Go down to the shop and test those camera up yourself.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra
    if you like the LX3's menu interface, the GF3 is sorta similar, though with more features of course.

Nex-C3 looks very compact. Sensor is also bigger than GF3's, which theoretically should give you better high-ISO capability.

The more important question is why do you want to replace your LX3? Is it letting you down in some aspect?
    In fact I been using lx 3 since 2008 since it 1st launch. This camera is very good, doesn't give me any problem.
    I am thinking of upgrading to a D5100 and try to play around with interchange lens.
    however due to it's size, I am looking into the mirrorless system instead.

I am more like a point and shoot person, hence looking for something that can produce DSLR effect.

Quote Originally Posted by captiva View Post

I am more like a point and shoot person, hence looking for something that can produce DSLR effect.
    What do you refer to as a "DSLR effect"? If you want a point and shoot with DSLR-like image quality and interchangeable lenses, the Sony NEX series is good.
    Alpha

In fact I been using lx 3 since 2008 since it 1st launch. This camera is very good, doesn't give me any problem.
    I am thinking of upgrading to a D5100 and try to play around with interchange lens.
    however due to it's size, I am looking into the mirrorless system instead.

If you like to use the rear LCD to compose your photos all the time, then I guess buying a camera with an optical viewfinder (or any viewfinder for that matter) is kinda redundant Might as well go for the compact mirrorless options.
    Seems like Sony is putting a lot of effort into developing their NEX series of cameras. At the moment the lens line-up is a little thin, but I expect it to fatten up in no time. When you have more fast primes in the line-up, you'll have more options to capture photos with thin Depth of Field, which I presume is the 'DSLR effect' you're talking about

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra

If you like to use the rear LCD to compose your photos all the time, then I guess buying a camera with an optical viewfinder (or any viewfinder for that matter) is kinda redundant Might as well go for the compact mirrorless options.
    Seems like Sony is putting a lot of effort into developing their NEX series of cameras. At the moment the lens line-up is a little thin, but I expect it to fatten up in no time. When you have more fast primes in the line-up, you'll have more options to capture photos with thin Depth of Field, which I presume is the 'DSLR effect' you're talking about
    Bro, you have hit on the exact spot on what I meant by DSLR effect with thin depth of field. BINGO...

Bro, you have hit on the exact spot on what I meant by DSLR effect with thin depth of field. BINGO...
    hahaha ok. But don't get too caught up with this 'feature'. It's not the only thing which makes a photo look good

When you use a camera with a larger sensor, you'll be using lenses with longer focal length in order to get the same field of view. A longer focal length results in thinner depth of field, all other factors being equal.

Even a point and shoot can do that if you know the basics.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Even a point and shoot can do that if you know the basics.
    precisely... that's why i sold off my entire system. i'm just using a fuji f200 right now

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    precisely... that's why i sold off my entire system. i'm just using a fuji f200 right now
    I thought you were using a secret prototype FF Arc?
    Alpha