Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you send your DSLR to service centre for cleaning if you have dirt/fungus?

Default Re: Would you send your DSLR to service centre for cleaning if you have dirt/fungus?

Quote Originally Posted by boyet View Post
    Hi there!

As per the thread title, are you going to send your DSLR to the service centre for cleaning if you found out that there is something not usual on your body?
    As opposed to what? Leaving those spots there? Then it's up to you right...?

That's probably just dust, actually. If a blower is not working, then it's probably what is known as welded dust, and you would need wet cleaning methods to get rid of it. The servicing centre will do it for you (meaning travel time and a small fee). Alternatively, you can also DIY with sensor cleaning solution and some form of medium (sensor swabs, etc).

Default Re: Would you send your DSLR to service centre for cleaning if you have dirt/fungus?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
    I use lenspen. Works like a charm and no liquid involved.

Don't need to clean every time u use your cam. I only clean mine when I spot spots like you 
    Lenspen sensorklear?

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Lenspen sensorklear?
    I am not a fan of that. It works well, but it's also a fact that using it more than once is iffy - the lenspen tip could very well accumulate abrasive material on its surface beyond one use, and well, just imagine your happy self rubbing that material against the sensor.

It's not a high risk, of course, but it's there. Single use products are less likely to have that problem.

Ya sensorklear. Basically from i observe it is a smaller version of lenspen with a smaller head to reach the sensor.

I just give the sensor a good blow , with the cam facing downwards. Then apply the lenspen lightly on the sensor and draw a few circles. That's all I did and no more spots!

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos-

I am not a fan of that. It works well, but it's also a fact that using it more than once is iffy - the lenspen tip could very well accumulate abrasive material on its surface beyond one use, and well, just imagine your happy self rubbing that material against the sensor.

It's not a high risk, of course, but it's there. Single use products are less likely to have that problem.
    Ya agree there is a risk there. That's where the blower comes in before applying the lenspen, to minimize it.

I also blow the lenspen tip before capping it back ( no pun intended) 

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post

Ya sensorklear. Basically from i observe it is a smaller version of lenspen with a smaller head to reach the sensor.

I just give the sensor a good blow , with the cam facing downwards. Then apply the lenspen lightly on the sensor and draw a few circles. That's all I did and no more spots!

How effective is the sensorklear? From my experience with the lenspen, it seems that not all the residue can be removed

Good enough for me. Those spots similar to those on TS cam can be removed.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    How effective is the sensorklear? From my experience with the lenspen, it seems that not all the residue can be removed
    I think it will not work on very stubborn welded dust/stains.

But most of the time it will be enough. The best is still Eclipse + Swabs/etc though.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid
    Is it easy to remove the same dust that I have on my cam using lenspen?
    Canon EOS 550D | EF 40mm F2.8 STM Pancake

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos-

I think it will not work on very stubborn welded dust/stains.

But most of the time it will be enough. The best is still Eclipse + Swabs/etc though.
    Alright I will check those out, thanks!!

I prefer cleaning it by myself. Becase I think it take much time on sending the camere to survice center.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12