The Print Room, a film photography studio and gallery is based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It is devoted to nurturing film photography in Southeast Asia. The advent of digital technology may have democratised photography as an art form, but we believe that it’s only in film that photographers can truly appreciate the demands of light, shadow and colour and the rigours of composition.
If you’re one of the now rare breed of film photographers, here’s a chance to exhibit your work. The Print Room is looking for 10 photographers for its next exhibition entitled “10″, which will open on 10.10.2011 and go on show for one month.
Send in five abstract prints — of whatever subject you choose — and we’ll select three photographs each from the best 10 photographers for exhibit and sale.
Please email your submissions in pdf format to email@example.com by 12 September 2011. Selected photographers will be informed by 16 September 2011.
If you have further inquiries, feel free to drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck, we look forward to your entries!
Terms And Conditions
1. Open to all local or international, professional or amateur photographers
2. All images, colour or black and white must be shot on film.
3. The photographer should print and frame their own work to whatever size and format they choose and deliver to The Print Room by 6 October 2011. The selected photographers will set the price for their 3 works put up for sale.
4. Any photographers outside of Malaysia only needs to send their prints, The Print Room will frame for you.
5. There will be a commission of 35% of any sales to cover the Print Room’s cost of the running of this exhibition.
View www.theprintroomkl.com for more information.