Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NSC experience... on 24-70/2.8

Default Re: NSC experience... on 24-70/2.8

Quote Originally Posted by wmayeo View Post
    Sorry to hear abt that accident. Kudos to NSC again.

So far I've only seen Kai dropped 24-70 before... :P
    Kai doesn't have any respect for photography equipment, he is so "rough" with them, may be except with his boss' M9P.

But at least his videos are entertaining enough.

Quote Originally Posted by nickzkcin View Post
    while we're at NSC feedback...

my d700 is a USA set. the rubber grips were peeling(43k shutter count, heh) and pissing me the hell off so I decided to send the camera in to replace the parts. quote was sgd87.75 for 4 pc rubber grip change. thought it was a little on the high side, but went ahead with it anyway. was done within the hour, and my sensor and viewfinder were cleaned too. did not know about NSC offering lenses out for testing or i'd love to try the more exotic lenses like the 500mm

oh ya, the hot chocolate at the coffee machine was pretty damn good.
    IIRC, the big guns out on display were AF-S 300mm f/2.8 VRII and AF-S 200mm f/2 VRII... haven't seen anything bigger like the 500mm... Maybe if you request it, Marcus will deal you that "posion" from the stores? On the other hand, you can always try to look out for Nikon sponsored events. Just beginning of this year, they were sponsoring the free sport photography talk organised by Singapore Sports Council, all who attended got to molest the big guns 300/400/500/600 onwards... and boy are they poisonous not to mention heavy too!
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

UPS to NSC once again... MY D700 broke down earlier this year and was told the main board short circuit... I was quote 700++ initially but when the camera was done, it's only 400++ plus general servicing, cleaning...

Quote Originally Posted by nickzkcin View Post
    oh ya, the hot chocolate at the coffee machine was pretty damn good.
    From nothing to very good actually.

That one day when I entered the service centre and saw the new coffee/hot chocolate dispenser I thought i saw a god-sent.

It's much better than the nescafe machine at Canon Service Centre.

Good to hear all the good comments about NSC...good to be a Nikonian....
    D90+MB80, Tamron 28-75mm, Nikon 70-200mm VRII, D600, Nikon 28-300mm VR

What he dropped was fake lens with some camera trick.

Quote Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
    Kai doesn't have any respect for photography equipment, he is so "rough" with them, may be except with his boss' M9P.

But at least his videos are entertaining enough.

wow, kudos to nikon

So far my experience with the staffs and support at NSC are very happy. It also good to hear that they offer such gesture to trade in damage product. Consider that damage a 2-3K lenses already very heart pain liao. Then lenses beyond repair and need to fork out another 2-3K to purchase another.... double impact... So NSC offering such a discount price is really good.

This is not unusual for NSC to exchange a new lens for the damaged one. Two years ago my 24-70mm f2.8 has a very stiff zoom and is not under warranty anymore. I when to the NSC they told me they would not want to repair it or the technician is not capable to repair it , similarly they offer me a new lens with 6 months warranty with new serial number and i have to paid $935 and I accepted the offer. I think this is their standard practice

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123