Thread: iPad to store and preview photos?

Default iPad to store and preview photos?

hi guys I just bought an iPad2 recently and am thinking of using it as a storage device for my raw/jpeg images as well as letting my friends/clients view the photos before processing them.

I am sure some of you may have alrdy done this, and I'm wondering if it's a good idea? I've done some search on google about it but felt that it's best to seek opinions of those who had alrdy done so.

will raw or jpeg file size/quality be affected when I export the images out of ipad to my Mac?

I can only export the images out of ipad using iPhoto?
    [Chasing the Light]
    Canon EOS 1D MK III user =X

When you want to export images to your Mac, use your memory card instead of from your iPad. Wouldn't that solve the problem? The iPad use it just for viewing of photos etc.

In a mobile cage

Don't know about others but I think it's too much of a hassle. I'd rather store the post processed photos as a showcase rather than transfer the raw pictures here and there. Post processing usually takes a longer time too, so unless you're asking your clients how they want to process the photos, why do you need to show your clients the raw file?
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Pasir Ris

Default Re: iPad to store and preview photos?

Singapore, Singapore, Singapor

Default Re: iPad to store and preview photos?

It's good as a backup for the photos though.. albeit having limited storage space. Anw i do think that it wld be a better idea to just show clients the processed photos =X
    Flickr Portfolio
    Canon 6D 17-40L 24-70L 70-200L