Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Recommend Light Bulbs to use with studio tent

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    siao liao... i dio pian...
    any updates ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wai

then how u know "Use 3 of them, can even do f16 @ ISO 100 with decent shutter."

Alright, i do shoot my fishes ranging from a mere 30W to 55W *2 compact fluroescent. But there is no tent meaning no loss and my subjects are kinda different. You guys can use tripod, most of my fishes don't stay still and i cannot use a tripod as i want them to connect so gotta move around.

DCA, what happened?
    Last edited by 2100; 1st November 2004 at 12:55 AM.

tio pian as in you say use 3 of them can do f16 @ iso 100 but u never buy... duh...

anyway i haven go to ikea to buy the e27 light stand, i think i would need 1 small stand, 1 normal stand, & 1 clip version, cos 1 at the bottom of the tent, 1 at the back, 1 above clip onto the boom that i have. den wat am i gonna do with my 3 flash unit? hehhe... and am i going to use the 2 reflector in the tent? hiak hiak... wait for my updates with pictures...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

tio pian as in you say use 3 of them can do f16 @ iso 100 but u never buy... duh...

You don't use tripod or what when shooting?

I have two 60W bulbs, both is 230V/ R63(Is this the colour temperature rating?)

However, the Osram brand one is quite a bit brighter(at least 20%) than the other(dunno what brand). Why does this happen? I am using both blulbs on the same lamp model.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker
    I have two 60W bulbs, both is 230V/ R63(Is this the colour temperature rating?)

However, the Osram brand one is quite a bit brighter(at least 20%) than the other(dunno what brand). Why does this happen? I am using both blulbs on the same lamp model.
    It's like that. 60W is the power consumed by the bulb. In this case, the circuitry is built-in so it also depends on that. Actual output efficiency depends on coating and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    It's like that. 60W is the power consumed by the bulb. In this case, the circuitry is built-in so it also depends on that. Actual output efficiency depends on coating and stuff.
    So in order to get both lamps to be of even brightness, i have to get two blulbs of the same model right?

Btw what does the R63 mean? Is it the temperature rating? how many K is it?

So in order to get both lamps to be of even brightness, i have to get two blulbs of the same model right?

u should use all lamps with same model, cos if any uneven lighting will cause u quite some time to rectify the problem. so to solve the simple problem, just spend abit more and get all the same lights.

i haven have time to take pics...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

anyway i haven go to ikea to buy the e27 light stand
    e27??

The one i am using is like this...but black one

http://www.ikea.com.sg/products/prod...lay.asp?id=807

$12 only

ikea site like down as in NOW... haiz...

http://www.ikea-usa.com/webapp/wcs/s...roductId=11537

found this... from the US website... is it this? but strange is the socket seem to be E26, i wonder whats the diff...

It's always best to get bulbs of the same model. Brightness is not so much of an issue lar, it's the different colour temperature. Colour temperature is measured in K or Kelvins. 2000K is the approx temp of a candle/normal low wattage incandescent bulb, 3200K is halogen, cool daylight tubes are in the region of high 5000K or 6000K region.

http://www.ikea-usa.com/webapp/wcs/s...roductId=11537

found this... from the US website... is it this? but strange is the socket seem to be E26, i wonder whats the diff...
    same lar...this is the one i got...

it should fit right?

dunno... 1 number diff, wanna try?

dunno... 1 number diff, wanna try?
    if confirm the KES one is E27, it will fit, unless the base is too big?

the bulbs i am using now are E27 too, and they fit this stand

i am going down now to take a look....they will let u exchange if it dont fit right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    if confirm the KES one is E27, it will fit, unless the base is too big?

the bulbs i am using now are E27 too, and they fit this stand

i am going down now to take a look....they will let u exchange if it dont fit right?
    i only complain sala color nia...

oh ya, just behind the counter there is a unused socket, insist that you wish to test the lamp

just went to buy 3 of the ikea lights, went around looking for the best holder, end up, still the one intro by wai looks the best, i think i need to lay a layer of aluminium foil as reflector. but overall... i think the tertial got the biggest reflector.

tomorrow will go office earlier, tape 1 to the boom, 1 clip on the back, & another underneath to test, if ok, den buy another 2 on the sides... perfect... illumination on 5 sides... 1 side for camera...

tomorrow will go office earlier, tape 1 to the boom, 1 clip on the back, & another underneath to test, if ok, den buy another 2 on the sides... perfect... illumination on 5 sides... 1 side for camera...
    Do tell us what is the exposure at ISO 100 f16 (or similarly f8 also can @ 200) with the 5 lights right up next to the cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    Do tell us what is the exposure at ISO 100 f16 (or similarly f8 also can @ 200) with the 5 lights right up next to the cloth.
    i test f8 @ iso 64, with my 2 flash unit, 1 top 1 bottom, already can get about 1/500 liao lor... and 1/2 power somemore... now i just need this to have continuous light, easier for me to see & shoot. no need to even set white balance to flash.

i test f8 @ iso 64, with my 2 flash unit, 1 top 1 bottom, already can get about 1/500 liao lor... and 1/2 power somemore... now i just need this to have continuous light, easier for me to see & shoot. no need to even set white balance to flash.
    Eh...flash different lar bro. Flash depends on aperture, not the shutter speed.
    You use 2 flashes and shoot at 1/125 and 1/1000 (assuming optical slave and can sync, usually can) for ISO64/f8 and they will probably look the same. Besides, even small flashes are real powerful when used correctly.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast