Thread: LCD screen hood

Default LCD screen hood

Hi, I saw this in one of the mass sale while looking for a LCD plastic protector. The picture shows the protector include an eye cup and cover to shade the sun.

Have anyone use this before? How would it affect the use of the camera with the cover sticking out? Please share your experience

Default Re: LCD screen hood

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Hi, I saw this in one of the mass sale while looking for a LCD plastic protector. The picture shows the protector include an eye cup and cover to shade the sun.

Have anyone use this before? How would it affect the use of the camera with the cover sticking out? Please share your experience
    Used one before, hated it. The hood would have to be closed for you to use the viewfinder or it will be hindering you. And it seriously is difficult for preview of your pic at least for me.

After awhile, I took out that piece of junk and throw it away (wasting my S$10).
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Blog Entries

I have one. It is not the best thing that works, but if you are traveling in some funky places, the cover is good as robbers shun film cameras. But you have to be confident to shoot without image review.

I thought so too. Better go for the standard protector and if scratched just replace again. It is true too that sometimes with the sun glaring down, very difficult to see your LCD screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    I thought so too. Better go for the standard protector and if scratched just replace again. It is true too that sometimes with the sun glaring down, very difficult to see your LCD screen.
    Agreed to that...
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah

Super sized EVF