Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 10253033343536374045 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 1027

Thread: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

  1. #681
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy73 View Post
    Taken with a Bower Fisheye 8mm K mount.


    #01



    #02

    Bro Kent, Love your shots. Were they taken in the evening?
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  2. #682

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III


    Lower Pierce -Sunset

    K5; Sigma 10-20; Tianya ND.

    I've always been tied up with family duties after work, so even though this place is rather near where I work, I've never found time to go.
    So its quite a torture every time I see the potential of a nice sunset over Lower Pierce, but knowing I'd never be able to get there.
    This time, I decided not to live in regret and I made my way there.
    Could not ask for a better sunset, though I missed the blue hour to rush home
    (reach home.... have to repent :sw




    Other shots here...
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/land-...anderings.html
    Last edited by pinholecam; 11th February 2012 at 09:45 AM.

  3. #683

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Bro Kent, Love your shots. Were they taken in the evening?
    Thanks bro..ya taken around 7 plus

  4. #684

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

    [QUOTE=pinholecam;7724795]

    Lower Pierce -Sunset

    K5; Sigma 10-20; Tianya ND.

    Nice work JK!

  5. #685
    Senior Member oceanpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ghim Moh
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

    Some macro shots from lower pierce this afternoon. first time went there.











    Taken using k-x and vivitar s1 105mm

  6. #686

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

    Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    Some macro shots from lower pierce this afternoon. first time went there.




    Taken using k-x and vivitar s1 105mm
    you got yr robber fly finally
    My Flickr ->Flickr

  7. #687
    Senior Member oceanpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ghim Moh
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

    Quote Originally Posted by Supersimon27 View Post
    you got yr robber fly finally
    Yes, finally. Thanks to marcus to introduce this place.

  8. #688

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

    Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    Yes, finally. Thanks to marcus to introduce this place.
    I have small eyes, means stop down, means sharper mah quite a lots of insects here right?

    Wow. 2 hrs of shooting..Thanks for lending ur lens and pka tubes..

    marcus

  9. #689

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

    sunset at Sentosa




  10. #690

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

    Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    I have small eyes, means stop down, means sharper mah quite a lots of insects here right?

    Wow. 2 hrs of shooting..Thanks for lending ur lens and pka tubes..

    marcus
    Y din call me !!! sad sad
    My Flickr ->Flickr

  11. #691

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III



    Just min before the sun set behind the big patch of cloud , it shine onto the muddy sea bed and turn the dull black mud to golden colour . It look gorgeous at that instant . The duration might be short , but at least he too got his glory moment.

    -The edge of glory II - Golden Mud-


    Changi boardwalk blue hr by Simon Teo Landscape, on Flickr

    My Flickr ->Flickr

  12. #692

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

    Sunset was fantastic yesterday . 5 Image DRI (with some multi expose) manual blending to balance the sky and building + to create the busy cross junction feel . I always like to call the building "colourful windows" with my friends. Hence shall name it as -

    -Busy Sunset with colourful windows-


    Busy Sunset with colourful windowss by Simon Teo Landscape, on Flickr
    Last edited by Supersimon27; 12th February 2012 at 12:51 PM.
    My Flickr ->Flickr

  13. #693

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

    Quote Originally Posted by Supersimon27 View Post
    Sunset was fantastic yesterday . 5 Image DRI (with some multi expose) manual blending to balance the sky and building + to create the busy cross junction feel . I always like to call the building "colourful windows" with my friends. Hence shall name it as -

    -Busy Sunset with colourful windows-


    Busy Sunset with colourful windowss by Simon Teo Landscape, on Flickr
    nice idea Simon! However, i think you pushed the processing too hard here. Besides the visible haloing ard Central & the large cloud behind it, there are some minor visual anomalies that somehow make the image not work for me eg. the different degrees of smoothing of the water in the bottom left corner & the part after the bridge. Or maybe I'm just not a HDR kind of guy...

    Unfortunately it is something I've been struggling with too... how to make buildings backlit by a beautiful sunset not look dull & lifeless. Marina bay makes it easy as all the buildings are well lit to balance the light.. but other places more difficult. Maybe the landscape gurus can come in to help us out here.

  14. #694

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

    Quote Originally Posted by Supersimon27 View Post
    Sunset was fantastic yesterday . 5 Image DRI (with some multi expose) manual blending to balance the sky and building + to create the busy cross junction feel . I always like to call the building "colourful windows" with my friends. Hence shall name it as -

    -Busy Sunset with colourful windows-


    Busy Sunset with colourful windowss by Simon Teo Landscape, on Flickr
    Gorgeous and well done!
    Nice sunset


    Just a few thoughts...
    Perhaps you can do away with the HDR aspects of the image since its already a DRI?
    I believe that's whats giving the over saturated yellows and reds.
    Of course likely its easier said than done and may end up removing too much 'punch' from the image.

    Wow! seems like nowadays, everyone stepping up to either 'black card' technique (saw that at Lwr Pierce the other day) or DRI.

  15. #695

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

    Quote Originally Posted by Supersimon27 View Post
    Y din call me !!! sad sad
    this macro shoot, not preplan.

    Next time, will gather pentaxian to shoot together.


    marcus

  16. #696
    Last edited by supermeng; 27th February 2012 at 11:43 PM.

  17. #697

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

    Funky hair style


    K5 + A*300mm + 1.4xL
    1/400s f5.6 iso400

  18. #698

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III


    Vicent, nice one !..why feel embarass??? u r using only a DAL 55-300mm and the quailty is good.Post more bro.

  19. #699
    Member tigershiok's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    www.runsingapore.blogspot.com
    Posts
    1,498

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

    mandai reservoir
    K-x, kit lenses

    it's not quiet, but serene.... read on

    #1


    #2


    #3


    #4


    #5
    Play ALPHAMAZE(the ULTIMATE word game) - Download from Apple AppStore, or Google Play : Alphamaze

  20. #700

    Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    nice idea Simon! However, i think you pushed the processing too hard here. Besides the visible haloing ard Central & the large cloud behind it, there are some minor visual anomalies that somehow make the image not work for me eg. the different degrees of smoothing of the water in the bottom left corner & the part after the bridge. Or maybe I'm just not a HDR kind of guy...

    Unfortunately it is something I've been struggling with too... how to make buildings backlit by a beautiful sunset not look dull & lifeless. Marina bay makes it easy as all the buildings are well lit to balance the light.. but other places more difficult. Maybe the landscape gurus can come in to help us out here.
    Hi bro stuck , long time no see. Thanks for pointing out the halo . Really miss it . Perhaps it's at the the corner and I din notice it. As for the different degree of the water , it's actually the real scene . I only use a slightly underexpose shots to blend in the sky . Nothing was touch on the water . The rest of the image was more concentrate on the moving car . Thanks for the comment , unfortunately it does not work for u .



    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Gorgeous and well done!
    Nice sunset


    Just a few thoughts...
    Perhaps you can do away with the HDR aspects of the image since its already a DRI?
    I believe that's whats giving the over saturated yellows and reds.
    Of course likely its easier said than done and may end up removing too much 'punch' from the image.

    Wow! seems like nowadays, everyone stepping up to either 'black card' technique (saw that at Lwr Pierce the other day) or DRI.
    Yeah JK . Seem like I over did the yellow and red to create the busy feel . Thanks again .

    Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    this macro shoot, not preplan.

    Next time, will gather pentaxian to shoot together.

    marcus
    Marcus , I joking one . Don't too serious ok .
    My Flickr ->Flickr

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •