Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6212629303132333641 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    I see you have very quickly gotten a fast 50mm as well
    Enjoy!
    Haha yea...

Another picture by this lens taken few mins ago
    Last edited by Halfgeek; 17th January 2012 at 08:40 AM.

Yes, its Yishun pond, next to KTPH.
    Agree that its left heavy, I realized it too, but perhaps I am too bored with just the pond and hospital shot which has much more balance, so I did a pano instead. On hindsight, the monochrome treatment does not help here, as the lack of color makes it uniform and then the balance is further pulled to the large elements (ie. hospital), I guess that was the 'thing' on my mind when I converted the shot to monochrome, but went ahead anyway.

The sun sets in the direction of the hospital.
    Have not explored other angles much, as every time I am there, its with family and I can't venture away.

Here's one in color. I think the sunset and center building color holds attention into the center better to provide better balance.
    I think you're right... I much prefer the colour version. Somehow seems more balanced. Could be interesting for a sunrise shoot though. too bad I don't live in yishun anymore!

very nicely done in colour. prefer the colour version also. the last time i was here the pond was still under construction. great work!

voigtlander macro lens. single flash with diffusers at various angles.

IMGP0116-002 by luctomar, on Flickr

IMGP0113-001 by luctomar, on Flickr

still some shadows are seen...

marcus

Been ages since I contributed here.

Here goes randomness..

Tick, tock
    K7 + FA31 (on loan)

Dakota
    Ricoh GRD III. Does a Ricoh GRD photo qualify to be in here? =)

Lion dancer
    K7 + FA77 (on loan)

Quote Originally Posted by hellfire88 View Post
    Both taken with the K-r + 77mm

This chap is one cool customer.

Are their school uniforms a reflection of English legacy or something? Looks so western.

Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    Some shots taken at Bukit Tinggi (KL) last weekend.
    Superb series. I like the spiderhunter one best.. what a name, and how surreal it looks from that angle.

Quote Originally Posted by le petit prince View Post
    This chap is one cool customer.

Are their school uniforms a reflection of English legacy or something? Looks so western.
    hmm i not too sure about english influence but it probably dates back to British colonial rule in India (I'm assuming the close proximity of India and Nepal meant that Nepal was influenced in some ways)

Different schools will have different colour for their school uniforms and generally the dress code is a shirt underneath a sweater.

another example of their school uniform. taken with the fa77

double rainbow

k-x, da 16-45mm

Long holidays are a good time to experiment.
    Took a bit of rushing to fit the 30 sec window, what with the unweildy light painting "tool".

Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

Quote Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
    Took a bit of rushing to fit the 30 sec window, what with the unweildy light painting "tool".

Nice try!
    I always like to see what new stuff you are trying to work on

Maybe having the purple lighting at the back of the bottle and purple 'fumes' rising from the open bottle would make it kinda 'potent!'

Nice! I think you can do a lot more with this idea.

Nice try!
    I always like to see what new stuff you are trying to work on

Maybe having the purple lighting at the back of the bottle and purple 'fumes' rising from the open bottle would make it kinda 'potent!'
    Thanks for the idea JK. I'm trying different modifiers to bring out different "feel". I'd open the bottle but it's not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Nice! I think you can do a lot more with this idea.
    Thanks WK. I'm still exploring this genre. Execution is a different matter.

This was my inspiration for the subject matter.

Thanks for the idea JK. I'm trying different modifiers to bring out different "feel". I'd open the bottle but it's not mine.

Thanks WK. I'm still exploring this genre. Execution is a different matter.

This was my inspiration for the subject matter.
    Keep it up Man!
    You are the most 'avant garde' fella here...

Keep it up Man!
    You are the most 'avant garde' fella here...
    At least it keeps the LBA away. Just focus on techniques/creativity instead.
    Anyway, I did a reshoot. I taped the torch to the modifier for smoother stroke/handling. The bottle was painted using a HP screen light. Output was dim, so I had to boost it in PP. Solved the extreme highlights, but could use with more definition.

Trying to get the smoky look now, without resorting to EL wire.

Recent photo with the Pentax FE 10-17mm.. Once a blue moon I'm glad I have it.

And some recent shots with the K5 and the new Tamron 10-24mm

Last edited by edutilos-; 24th January 2012 at 09:57 PM.

[/QUOTE]

I love this..very nice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    And some recent shots with the K5 and the new Tamron 10-24mm
    very nice... recent reviews of the 10-24 seems to suggest that its i suppose its still capable of very good results in the hands of a skilled user.

Quote Originally Posted by gummy73 View Post

I love this..very nice!!!
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    very nice... recent reviews of the 10-24 seems to suggest that its i suppose its still capable of very good results in the hands of a skilled user.
    It's not too bad, slightly inferior to the Sigma 10-20mm but only marginally. The problems are the corners, which are not an issue to me, I guess (since I hardly place elements there).