Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3182326272829303338 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

Bird

50mm just nice to snap this

This uncle is a talent

Do not know why certain part so hazy
    Sony A7II FE 28 Zeiss 55 FE 90 Sigma 150-600C

Quote Originally Posted by simon6z View Post
    Nope I did not edit anything all natural but photos looks abit off colour, so was asking what did I do wrong! A tourist today ask me "What you holding",I replied pentax KR!
    He asked again "How is it?", I just say cheap and good hahahaha sorry not good at question and answers

What's the picture style setting?

Are you using MF or AF lens?

MF lens master hahaha and focus using liveview.Did try VF but not sharp and I did not do any setting just turn the dial to Tv can see shutter speed although aperture must hand turn
    Sony A7II FE 28 Zeiss 55 FE 90 Sigma 150-600C

Quote Originally Posted by simon6z View Post
    MF lens master hahaha and focus using liveview.Did try VF but not sharp and I did not do any setting just turn the dial to Tv can see shutter speed although aperture must hand turn

Ok. I see. Its on MF.
    You should be able to adjust your diopter on the OVF to get better correlation between focus on OVF and sensor.
    Anyway, for LV AF, it should be very accurate, maybe there is too much camera shake from the way the camera is held in LV (ie. camera away from body)

BTW, with a manual lens without A-mode, it should be used in Av mode.
    You adjust the aperture via aperture ring, press the green button to meter. The camera then gives the shutter speed.

Shot this Pacific Reef Egret at high shutter speed (1/1000 sec) from a recent holiday trip.

Pacific Reef Egret #2 by kengoh8888, on Flickr

Pacific Reef Egret #1 by kengoh8888, on Flickr

My first calendar shoot On a K5 + Tamron 17-50 F2.8

Pentaxian for life ! My Webby
    K-X, DA70mm F2.4. DA 35mm F2.4, DA 18-135 WR

Quote Originally Posted by art2d2 View Post
    My first calendar shoot On a K5 + Tamron 17-50 F2.8

nice shot arthur. Long time did not hear from you.

my by luctomar, on Flickr

shot with voigtlander macro and flash lights. A very sharp lens that brought out out the messy foreground and dirt.

marcus

With Kent this morning to Henderson Waves.
    It was sunny & clear skies.
    IR with DA21.

Pentax for Life

Hi all,

my humble photo of little critters. I would be very thankful to hear/recieve ways of further improvement

Cheers
    K3(Silver)

Quote Originally Posted by doyle View Post
    Hi all,

my humble photo of little critters. I would be very thankful to hear/recieve ways of further improvement

Cheers

shadows seems quite harsh.Did u use on board flash light or was it the noon sun?

Quite a lot of white spots.. work on diffusing the shadows and soften the lighting.

marcus

Hi all,

Cheers
    the composition for #2-5 looks quite similar. its ultimately a matter of preference but it just makes them look like a series of "mug-shots", or something u find in a secondary school science textbook.

i'm guilty of some of the same thing sometimes cos its easier to take macro shots of insects from a certain perspective but it just makes for boring macro at the end of the day.

for macro, i find that the biggest challenge is composition and lighting. its easy enough to get a macro lens and / or a raynox to magnify, but getting it "right" so that its more than mere documentary macro is the true test of one's creativity.

something i found recently that made me re-think how to approach macro
    WonderLand - Aimishboy Photography

the photographer (Nadav Bagim) had clarified in interviews that these pics are not "photoshopped". basic adjustments were done to the RAW but they're not composites. the nice BG was actually achieved with common household articles and creative use of lighting.
    Last edited by detritus; 8th January 2012 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    Simon, another edutilos in the making in pentaxforums, but you will remain the new unique simon. Beautiful shots by the way

marcus
    Thanks marcus ,

That's really a very nice compliment . Unfortunately , still got a long way to get to that level . Will work hard on that .

Thanks
    My Flickr ->Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    K5 with Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6

hi, may i know what are the setup required to achieve such clear reflection shot?

thanks~

Lower Seletar Jetty #1 (Start of the New Year)
    K5; Sigma 10-20

I had initially planned to go down to the Lwr Seletar Dam area to catch the sunrise for the start of the year. When I got there, I found that the tide was not low as I had thought it was.
    So I went over to the reservoir park instead.
    Big mistake...
    The revelers had made a mess of themselves as well as the place
    Stragglers from last night's celebrations as well as rubbish were everywhere.
    So much for a calm, easy shoot, I had to capture something for the 1st day of the year.
    Got clear of the rubbish and people as best I could and moved away some.

shot this with flash and no PP done.

voigtlander lens.

IMGP0262 by luctomar, on Flickr

marcus

HI all,

otc- picture was taken with a pentax 540 external falsh fitted with a flashbender to bounce the light (not a wise choice as the light creates white shot) will look for the char kway tiao plate to diffuse light. but slight problem i really cannot imagine how to fit the plate ?? any picture ?? i tried google but no picture of the plate..

detritus - those picture in link was wonderful, currently i having my focus on getting the focus right and that take up alont of my effort and hand strength(haha). normally those crittter will disaappear quite fast when i trying to take photo of them . clumsy hand and leg of mine.. but those mantis was really something .. haha

yesterday tried again to take some photo with a box as diffuser.

this is the setup i used yesterday

some of the photo taken yesterday with the setup above

K3(Silver)

these are the photo same batch with above but the shadow is there..
    condition and setup was same but not sure on the power of the flash..
    sometime the surrounding too dark increase power sometime to bright will reduce the power
    mostly 1/8 to 1/16 seldom 1/4
    hope to get more insight and mayb if chance can join the shifu to see how it is done..hehe

K3(Silver)

View from Labrador in IR.

Pentax for Life

these are the photo same batch with above but the shadow is there..
    condition and setup was same but not sure on the power of the flash..
    sometime the surrounding too dark increase power sometime to bright will reduce the power
    mostly 1/8 to 1/16 seldom 1/4
    hope to get more insight and mayb if chance can join the shifu to see how it is done..hehe
    The last shot on the spider is not too bad, need a little sharper. As for the diffusers, try to google orionmystery, or kurt on different ways and types and different angles to diffuse the light. For me, I am still experimenting....

IMGP0274-002 by luctomar, on Flickr

The above shot was cropped 20 % off and some adjustment to colors done. single flash light with diffusers.

marcus

HI all,

otc- picture was taken with a pentax 540 external falsh fitted with a flashbender to bounce the light (not a wise choice as the light creates white shot) will look for the char kway tiao plate to diffuse light. but slight problem i really cannot imagine how to fit the plate ?? any picture ?? i tried google but no picture of the plate..

detritus - those picture in link was wonderful, currently i having my focus on getting the focus right and that take up alont of my effort and hand strength(haha). normally those crittter will disaappear quite fast when i trying to take photo of them . clumsy hand and leg of mine.. but those mantis was really something .. haha
    believe me: that's the easy part i'll leave u to discover the joy of it.

marcus's (otc) idea is simple. u cut a hole in the plate and put it through your lens. with the samsung d-xenon, u place it near the front lens element. the idea is to place the light source as close to the subject as possible so minimise shadows, and to diffuse it so u get soft lighting and minimise hot-spots.