Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819222742 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

A migratory bird

Blue Throated Bee Eater by kengoh8888, on Flickr

Fast moving Scarlet-backed flowerpecker

Scarlet-backed Flowerpecker by kengoh8888, on Flickr

Yesterday sunrise..

Sunrise #4 by kengoh8888, on Flickr
    Last edited by kengoh; 13th November 2011 at 01:39 PM.

Morning cuppa

Pentax Kr Sigma 30mm f/1.4

finally find some time to test out my k135 f2.5..taken at a getai near my hse on Sat

First attempt at light painting a human subject.
    Had problems killing ambient at 10sec exposure (lots of stray light sources) vs burning enough light.
    Set at f16 with ND8. Painted subject and weapon seperately and then merged. Ambient still leaked in as illustrated by crappy masking job.
    Movement and OOF expected. Only took a couple of tries. Definitely need more practice. Needless to say, this was my only pic throughout the 2 day event.

Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Morning cuppa

Pentax Kr Sigma 30mm f/1.4
    Wow! very smooth bokeh.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
    First attempt at light painting a human subject.
    Had problems killing ambient at 10sec exposure (lots of stray light sources) vs burning enough light.
    Set at f16 with ND8. Painted subject and weapon seperately and then merged. Ambient still leaked in as illustrated by crappy masking job.
    Movement and OOF expected. Only took a couple of tries. Definitely need more practice. Needless to say, this was my only pic throughout the 2 day event.

Nice one, very fitting for the character.
    After going through my own shot of him, I then wondered if it would have been a good idea to light him from bottom up (to give an element of unnaturalness ) instead of the usual top down....
    (next cosplay event perhaps.. )

Since the monthly outing was affected by rain and I only have a few shots from the detour to Suntec for the cosplay event there.
    I'll just post the few shots I have over here.

Flash set to bounce at angle from ceiling.
    Camera in M mode; 1/125; ISO800;

non-IR version, still same model

K-x, Jupiter 9 85mm f2, flash on shoe

Well, I don't know if the weather sealing on the K5 helped, since my Sigma 10-20mm is not weather sealed... But this was taken in the rain, complete with spray resulting from the strong wind headed in our direction...

In any case, I am more than confident in Pentax quality and have gotten the Pentax cameras I've had reasonably wet throughout the years, weather sealed or not (especially when travelling - of course only when it seems worth it). Better to have a picture, than to go all the way and regret not taking a shot.

That said, in the car I checked all the vulnerable points, e.g. SD card door, and they were all dry after I wiped down the exterior with my T-shirt. The lens mount was also amazingly dry.

Just came back from my oversea assignment at Wuxi, Jiangsu province, take the opportunity to visit some nice places at this 江南 "鱼米之乡".
    秋风起,蟹脚痒,九月圆脐十月尖.

太湖大闸蟹:

Last edited by figo007; 14th November 2011 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post

i like the swirly bodek of jup 9!

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post

Is it shot wide open ?? or at f4?

Quote Originally Posted by Yamakasi View Post
    i like the swirly bodek of jup 9!
    Thanks bro.

Quote Originally Posted by ranchy View Post
    Is it shot wide open ?? or at f4?
    I think it's around f2 or f2.8. It was under the tree's shade, ISO 100, 1/160 with the flash.

shoot this Eurasian coot a few weeks back, Eurasian Coot feet have flattened fringing lobes, instead of webbing...

K-5 with 50-135mm

The Alpine Chough is a bird in the crow family...an interesting read on the Alpine Chough.

K-5 with 50-135mm

Below pictures are taken at: 故苏虎丘 and 山塘镇: (Kx with 18-55 and DA15)

Some more with DA15 at night, anyone ok with the noise at 3200? Most of the pics are taken by handheld at the busy street..

Finally got a chance to shoot this small bird in the open.

Black Headed Munia #1 by kengoh8888, on Flickr

nice place. where in china r u?

Quote Originally Posted by sobrietyanonymous View Post
    nice place. where in china r u?
    I was in Wuxi oversea assignment for about 3 weeks. The above pictures were taken at Suzhou 虎丘 and 山塘镇.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest

Thanks bro.

I think it's around f2 or f2.8. It was under the tree's shade, ISO 100, 1/160 with the flash.
    Wow... It kinda of sharp. , was thinking Jupiter 9 was known to be soft wide open.