Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182338 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

Default Re: Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season III

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    I like this!
    Thanks WK . Thanks for the advice on the 4:3 ratio too to make this photo possible .

Quote Originally Posted by hjbyeo View Post
    I can't help but notice that the water doesn't feel like it exposed for a long time, but the sky does. I certainly like the subject and the use of bnw here. ;-)
    Thanks bro . Hope to see yr work soon too .

[QUOTE=Greg0222;7517229]
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersimon27 View Post
    Sharing 2 more for the night

4# -Small fisherman Jetty beside cabana resort-

Simon, you really use the 8 16 well. I like the first one particularly.
    Thanks Greg , 8-16 had become my number 1 work horse
    My Flickr ->Flickr

Share 2 more photo taken at Bintan

#6 My wife and Me

Bintan abstracts by Simon Teo Landscape, on Flickr

#7 When I was packaging for my Bintan trip , I really hesitate if I should bring my tele-lens along . Being a wide angle landscaper , I really hardly shoot anything above 20mm for my landscape shots . But again .... as a kiasu Singaporean I always like to have back up. My effort pay off when the Rays of light shine thru the gloomy cloud that very morning . Yes , I could have shots with a 50mm and crop it out . But then the compress perspective will be all gone and the depth btw the stone and the Ray will be even further.

-The Bintan Ray-

Bintan Ray by Simon Teo Landscape, on Flickr

And 1 photo taken last night

154# It been a long time since I last post any cityscape photo . Went to Tanjong Rhu Suspension Bridge last night. Try a few position in order to get the full reflection of the Bridge . This photo also show the power of 8mm . Without him, this photo wouldn't be possible

-Tanjong Rhu Suspension Bridge-

Tanjong Ru Suspensed bridge by Simon Teo Landscape, on Flickr
    My Flickr ->Flickr

My first attempt to take pictures of fishes.

Kr + DA 18-55 WR

Really buay tahan the fish ... super energetic. Finally it's panting and resting. I wish I could take it when it's gliding through the tank.

Sorry guys, I have to take the picture down for the time being. Not allowed to show it.
    Last edited by hjbyeo; 25th October 2011 at 09:26 AM.

1st time trying sunrise at Punggol Beach - 3 Fisherboy enter my frame while I was waiting for the 1st light. Was doing long exposer and 3 of them keep moving and hence give me an ideal of taking their shadow to create a very busy scene.

I call this - The busy Punggol 1st Light -

Punggol sunrise by Simon Teo Landscape, on Flickr
    My Flickr ->Flickr

More portraiture with my friend's sister which i posted some time ago.

All done with K5 + siggy 30/1.4, except #5, with the trusty DA55-300
    #1 was shot at the local train station, which after a while we got stopped and sent to the police. Then i showed them the photos i took, and they let us off, but no more shooting at the station.
    So we had to leave the vicinity

Last edited by evolutioner; 23rd October 2011 at 06:24 AM.

Last edited by evolutioner; 23rd October 2011 at 06:13 AM.

Some test shots of K-r taken yesterday.

#1 Bridge from CG to JG

Singapore Chinese Garden #7 by kengoh8888, on Flickr

#2 Pied Triller

Pied Triller by kengoh8888, on Flickr

#3 my 1st time shooting this fellow
    was a bit late, the snake was swallowing a forg with head 3x bigger than the snake itself.

Snake by kengoh8888, on Flickr
    Last edited by kengoh; 23rd October 2011 at 07:58 AM.

Been a while since I posted here, in fact, it's been a while since I shot with my Pentax cameras. Took them out for some sports shooting today

Last edited by darrrrrrrrrr; 23rd October 2011 at 08:56 AM.

Taken at Pandan Reservoir yesterday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by evolutioner View Post
    More portraiture with my friend's sister which i posted some time ago.

All done with K5 + siggy 30/1.4, except #5, with the trusty DA55-300
    #1 was shot at the local train station, which after a while we got stopped and sent to the police. Then i showed them the photos i took, and they let us off, but no more shooting at the station.
    So we had to leave the vicinity

This is nice

degree of freedom
    k-x, dal 55-300mm

baby commands mother's full care and love ...... read on

Play ALPHAMAZE(the ULTIMATE word game) - Download from Apple AppStore, or Google Play : Alphamaze

After getting my DA*50-135..I realised that i like to shoot at 135mm alot..so look ard for a 135mm prime..after combing through the reviews..saw that the K135 2.5 is a highly rated lens..but being a K series lens..i did not expect to find it in Singapore easily..so adopt a see and wait attitude..hopefully someday, i will be able to find it in Singapore...then 2 days ago..saw that FW is selling this lens so fast hand fast leg..quickly msg FW

both pics are out of cam..no PP done..first pic at f4 and 2nd pic at f2.5 (i think..cant confirm)

FW is really a nice guy...i was late both times when i deal with him (got a ME super from him previously) and he never got angry..sorry FW! I wun be late the next time..me promise!

Quote Originally Posted by zoom3 View Post
    This is nice
    thanks mate!

Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    Been a while since I posted here, in fact, it's been a while since I shot with my Pentax cameras. Took them out for some sports shooting today

This is one of those iconic shots for American Football. Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by gummy73 View Post
    Taken at Pandan Reservoir yesterday evening.

Looks like you are another one having lots of fun with the 8-16

Quote Originally Posted by tigershiok View Post
    degree of freedom
    k-x, dal 55-300mm

Thats a nice monkey shot. Morning or near evening?

Quote Originally Posted by Yamakasi View Post
    After getting my DA*50-135..I realised that i like to shoot at 135mm alot..so look ard for a 135mm prime..after combing through the reviews..saw that the K135 2.5 is a highly rated lens..but being a K series lens..i did not expect to find it in Singapore easily..so adopt a see and wait attitude..hopefully someday, i will be able to find it in Singapore...then 2 days ago..saw that FW is selling this lens so fast hand fast leg..quickly msg FW

both pics are out of cam..no PP done..first pic at f4 and 2nd pic at f2.5 (i think..cant confirm)

FW is really a nice guy...i was late both times when i deal with him (got a ME super from him previously) and he never got angry..sorry FW! I wun be late the next time..me promise!
    The K135 is a fantastic lens. Too bad only MF.
    You should try the F or FA version too

IMHO, FW is one of the guys who make the forum here so special.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post

The K135 is a fantastic lens. Too bad only MF.
    You should try the F or FA version too
    yeah..will love to have the chance to try the F and FA version

Portrait shots of this Tiger Shrike

1# Front view:

Tiger Shrike #7 by kengoh8888, on Flickr

#2 Back view

Tiger Shrike #5 by kengoh8888, on Flickr

#3 Side view

Tiger Shrike #6 by kengoh8888, on Flickr

View my flickriver
    Last edited by kengoh; 26th October 2011 at 01:43 AM.

taken with 12-24

Quote Originally Posted by tigershiok View Post
    degree of freedom
    k-x, dal 55-300mm

This is a fantastic shot! Excellent rim lighting and you've capture so much with so little light.

Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182338 ... LastLast