Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ocean Financial Centre celebrates opening with Light Up! Photo Contest 2011

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ocean Financial Centre celebrates opening with Light Up! Photo Contest 2011

Quote Originally Posted by dariusateconsulting View Post
    Dear all,

on behalf of Ocean Financial Centre, we have amended the Terms and Conditions to clarify the mis-communication on our part with regards to the intention of Clause 9. Please find the amended clause below:

TERMS & CONDITIONS

9) Keppel Land reserves the right to use or reproduce any/all submitted photo entries and/or publish the names of participants for any marketing, publicity or promotional purposes. All participants are deemed to have agreed to give Keppel Land a non-exclusive license to use or publish their entries. Each participant is deemed to consent to such use with no monetary payment.

We regret any inconvenience caused with regards to the clarity of our statement.

For a full list of the contest terms and conditions, please refer to the official Facebook page (Ocean Financial Centre Photo Contest 2011)
    this is better thumbsup

mind editing the first post too to reflect the change?

Default Re: Ocean Financial Centre celebrates opening with Light Up! Photo Contest 2011

Quote Originally Posted by dariusateconsulting View Post
    Dear all,

on behalf of Ocean Financial Centre, we have amended the Terms and Conditions to clarify the mis-communication on our part with regards to the intention of Clause 9. Please find the amended clause below:

TERMS & CONDITIONS

9) Keppel Land reserves the right to use or reproduce any/all submitted photo entries and/or publish the names of participants for any marketing, publicity or promotional purposes. All participants are deemed to have agreed to give Keppel Land a non-exclusive license to use or publish their entries. Each participant is deemed to consent to such use with no monetary payment.

We regret any inconvenience caused with regards to the clarity of our statement.

For a full list of the contest terms and conditions, please refer to the official Facebook page (Ocean Financial Centre Photo Contest 2011)
    Thank you so much for looking into it and kudos to the positive amendment.

btw, the light show is all round the building?
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Dear all,

Thank you for your positive feedback and support.

The original post has been amended to reflect the changes to the Terms and conditions.

Also, to answer your queries:

- The LED light show will only be on 1 side of the building as the other side is blocked by another tower.

- The best view for the LED light show will be from 1 Raffles Quay as you will be able to see the entire lit-up face of the building.

We hope to see all of you at the grand opening on 31st August (next Wednesday) at 9.15pm!
    Last edited by dariusateconsulting; 26th August 2011 at 01:47 PM.

d) Must not be excessively digitally or otherwise enhanced or altered.

does this mean, can't post process the pic at all? or it can be done but not faking the picture?

thanks alot.

missed the LED show, due to prior appointment.
    nice? can anyone post some pix here to share?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by weiteck
    missed the LED show, due to prior appointment.
    nice? can anyone post some pix here to share?
    Dont bother, u didn't miss much.

This is what I get.

Merged 2 pictures. My lens is not wide enough!
    Last edited by Zeddy; 2nd September 2011 at 01:09 AM.

Deregistered

Wink Re: Ocean Financial Centre celebrates opening with Light Up! Photo Contest 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Zeddy View Post
    This is what I get.

Merged 2 pictures. My lens is not wide enough!
    Good effort, I think I saw you on the extreme left.
    Don't ask me what you wear or what I wear since I don't even remember what I had for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by loneWolff View Post
    Good effort, I think I saw you on the extreme left.
    Don't ask me what you wear or what I wear since I don't even remember what I had for lunch.
    Are you the one who walked towards lau pa sha direction after you finished shooting?

nice pix, Zeddy.
    i am thinking is it due to "light pollution" from other buildings' lighting, the reflection in the water is not so clear.
    or was there wind causing the water surface to move?

nice vantage point, too bad that area clustered with buildings so near to each other. can't highlight individual building's charactistic.

Quote Originally Posted by weiteck View Post
    nice pix, Zeddy.
    i am thinking is it due to "light pollution" from other buildings' lighting, the reflection in the water is not so clear.
    or was there wind causing the water surface to move?

nice vantage point, too bad that area clustered with buildings so near to each other. can't highlight individual building's charactistic.
    You're right. The water wasn't still. I can't expose longer or else the led lighting would turn to white.

Zeddy, nice reflection but the color of building and reflection is diff?

here is my take
    Last edited by wasak2000; 2nd September 2011 at 08:32 PM.
    D3100

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Zeddy
    Are you the one who walked towards lau pa sha direction after you finished shooting?
    Nope, I stay around until the lights go out.
    Didn't notice it as I wanted to do a black card mask... Too late.

Quote Originally Posted by futsal123 View Post
    Zeddy, nice reflection but the color of building and reflection is diff?
    Yup. It's different because it's stitched with 2 photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeddy View Post
    Yup. It's different because it's stitched with 2 photos.
    i see. Good luck to all who submitted your entry.

Quote Originally Posted by wasak2000 View Post
    here is my take
    too underexposed.

think wasak2000 has interesting vantage & exposure.
    hope one of u guys win top 3.

sometime i do think the buidling in SG too packed together, hence can't showcase any "individual uniqueness"
    sad...

Quote Originally Posted by weiteck View Post
    think wasak2000 has interesting vantage & exposure.
    hope one of u guys win top 3.

sometime i do think the buidling in SG too packed together, hence can't showcase any "individual uniqueness"
    sad...
    bad exposure (underexposed by a lot) and extremely messy composition? unless it's a facebook competition where you can get all your friends to like it... i doubt this is one of the pieces they'll choose.

and there are ways to isolate the buildings. what wasak2000 did was one of them. but his exposure could have been longer. and shouldn't use that horrid angle

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    bad exposure (underexposed by a lot) and extremely messy composition? unless it's a facebook competition where you can get all your friends to like it... i doubt this is one of the pieces they'll choose.

and there are ways to isolate the buildings. what wasak2000 did was one of them. but his exposure could have been longer. and shouldn't use that horrid angle
    That was not my entry...

this was the one i submitted

by the way longer exposure wold have turned the LED lights white or just a single color as the light kept changing...by the way can you put your money where your mouth is and show us your entry?
    Last edited by wasak2000; 3rd September 2011 at 10:23 PM.
    D3100

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast