Thread: any 17 or 19 inch LCD monitor to recommend?

Default any 17 or 19 inch LCD monitor to recommend?

Hi, can anybody recommend me a good 17 or 19 inch LCD monitor? preferably something at affordable price and good image quality for viweing digital images.

I am using a 17" Samsung SyncMaster 172T. It's less than 1.5 year old and has option for analog or digital signal input. With digtal, most monitor setting are auto.

Eizo L568.

Samsung 172T and 173T were good, but they are discontinued. The replacement is the 710T, which is an 18-bit panel which does 16.2million colours by means of dithering. (The 173T does 24-bit/16.77million colours without dithering) I am not sure if this affects imaging work by a large degree but "dithering" sure doesn't sound good.

Of coz if you have all the budget, then get the Apple CinemaDisplays.

Regards
    CK

Can anyone tell me Apple LCD better or Sony LCD better? I am interested in the 19 inch ones....

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Can anyone tell me Apple LCD better or Sony LCD better? I am interested in the 19 inch ones....
    If you are considering a display at the price point of the Apple, I would suggest you also consider the Eizo Nanao CG Series, either the newer CG19, or the older CG18. It certainly bests the Sony.

http://www.eizo.com/products/graphics/index.asp

Get the Samsung 910N. With its 800:1 contrast ratio, you LCD will look almost like a CRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Apple of coz. The "consumer" Sony monitors out there are not fantastic. In fact I think even the Samsung top end ones look better.

Regards
    CK

I saw a Sony 19 inch LCD, with something like "Pciture Clear" technology, cost about $1.5k, but I agree with u guys, side by side, Apple is better to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by ahbeng
    Hi, can anybody recommend me a good 17 or 19 inch LCD monitor? preferably something at affordable price and good image quality for viweing digital images.

AOC 19' inch monitor selling less than $400. but i have not tested it yet...
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives
    AOC 19' inch monitor selling less than $400. but i have not tested it yet...

oh....nvm. ya talking about LCD.
    Objection !!!

Lightbulb

I am relating what a IT tech pro tells me. CRTs are always better value for money, alas, at the expense of space. Besides, the tech are stable. He used CRTs in his work.

Quote Originally Posted by ckiang
    Eizo L568.

Samsung 172T and 173T were good, but they are discontinued. The replacement is the 710T, which is an 18-bit panel which does 16.2million colours by means of dithering. (The 173T does 24-bit/16.77million colours without dithering) I am not sure if this affects imaging work by a large degree but "dithering" sure doesn't sound good.

Of coz if you have all the budget, then get the Apple CinemaDisplays.

Regards
    CK
    where can i get eizo at good price