Thread: Dark sports appearing on photos

Default Dark sports appearing on photos

Photos can be viewed here:

http://cast41sg.fotopic.net/c306994.html

Can anyone tell me what causes these dark spots on my camera?
    I just notice it today. Its seems to be appearing on all my photos except those
    colored area where the dak spots are. I've check that its not due to my filter, I've
    also cleaned the lens. Could it be caused from the interior?

Or could it be caused by over heated? Cause i do feel the warm that my camera gives out due to the hot sun

Most likely your CCD is dirty as the spots are on the same positions on all your pics.

Haha, I also got this type of problem. My lense also doesn't show any visual dirt.

bro Newman: U mean i should send it to fuji to clean the CCD? Will it be expensive afterall the wty expired

Bro skyline_impreza: so what have u done to it? I need to get this done soon else all my future pics with have automatic signature

I'm not to sure what it will cost for you. Btw which cam are you using?
    Just confirm the spots are on the CCD, take another pic of a plain background like the clear sky or a plain light coloured wall. Then post the full size image in your gallery for me to take a look.

I'm using Fuji s602Z.

The pics are up.Let me know if its not clear enough i'll go take some pics of the bright sky for better viewing. Tks a lot for the help bro
    Last edited by cast123; 8th October 2004 at 02:06 AM.

Your dust spot problem seems to be worse than you thought. Look at the image now after I did a level adjustment on it and greyscale conversion. There might be more or less spots.

I found a thread on this issue with your cam. Try reducing the aperture to see if the spots become more obvious. If they are, then the spots could be on your lens.

Quote Originally Posted by cast123
    Photos can be viewed here:

http://cast41sg.fotopic.net/c306994.html

Can anyone tell me what causes these dark spots on my camera?
    I just notice it today. Its seems to be appearing on all my photos except those
    colored area where the dak spots are. I've check that its not due to my filter, I've
    also cleaned the lens. Could it be caused from the interior?

Or could it be caused by over heated? Cause i do feel the warm that my camera gives out due to the hot sun
    If it is film ..... seriously, I don't know ... but if it is digital camera, the CCD is dirty.

Hi Cast123,

Fuji 602 is a prosumer digital cam if I'm not wrong. From your pics, it's dust specks settled on the CCD chip inside your camera.

As the camera is fully consealed, you have no way to remove them manually, and don't even think about it.

Bring it down to the Fuji service centre in your location and the guys there will be able to do a good clean up for you. If it's still under warranty, you may get it cleaned for free. If not, you need to pay a sum. How much I'm not sure.

All the best.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

thanks guys for being so helpful. I'll sent the cam for cleanup.
    Really appreciate the help u all offered

No problem. Glad to help.

Also, I'm concerned why dust specs settled in your CCD, since it's a prosumer cam and it should be concealed much better than DSLRs. Have you brought your cam to the desert or some places exposed to dust?

FYI, I've used my Canon G3 (a prosumer cam as well) for coming to 3 yrs now and not a dust speck has been found.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Btw cast123, do you keep your cam in a drybox? Another possibility is fungus spots also.

I've check with fuji service center, they are charging $80-$85 for cleaning the CCD. Thats a bit expensive for me

Anyone know who's working at fuji or where i can get the CCD cleaned at a much lower price?

I think i saw someone mention cleaning of CCD at Canon is only $20(if i didnt see wrongly) possible to send fuji's camera to canon for cleanning?

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo
    No problem. Glad to help.

Also, I'm concerned why dust specs settled in your CCD, since it's a prosumer cam and it should be concealed much better than DSLRs. Have you brought your cam to the desert or some places exposed to dust?

FYI, I've used my Canon G3 (a prosumer cam as well) for coming to 3 yrs now and not a dust speck has been found.
    No idea leh could it be caused while i shoot at the beach
    I also agree how come the dust can gets in since the lens have never been opened moreover i have a adpter with UV len on it

Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    Btw cast123, do you keep your cam in a drybox? Another possibility is fungus spots also.

No leh bro. I dont have a drybox. Cos all the while i have been keeping the cam in the camera bag when not in used. Now then i realise that drybox is necessary liao

just got back my camera. Spent $85 . The cause for those dark spots is dust on internal lens nothing's wrong with the CCD. Really heart pain to spent $85

Anyway got to thank you guys for the help in identifying the causes