Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 51 of 51

Thread: 10 Realizations of a DSLR Newbie

  1. #41

    Default Re: 10 Realizations of a DSLR Newbie

    Not sure if thats how every newbie feels when they get their dslr. but when i first bought my camera and started taking photos, i kept thinking WOW I QUITE CREATIVE!

  2. #42

    Default Re: 10 Realizations of a DSLR Newbie

    14. don't forget to read manual book before you use your camera
    15. learn the function of your camera..metering mode, AF mode
    16. trial and error is the best teacher

  3. #43
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,422

    Default Re: 10 Realizations of a DSLR Newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by tuwinkk View Post
    16. trial and error is the best teacher
    Two farmers meet. Says one: "Hey, I heard you are now into chicken farming, is it going well?" - Replies the other: "I don't know, they don't grow. Not sure whether I plant them too deep or to close .. "
    EOS

  4. #44

    Default

    Haha. If by trial and error, but there isn't anyone to explain what went wrong or right... Then it's the worst teacher

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine
    Two farmers meet. Says one: "Hey, I heard you are now into chicken farming, is it going well?" - Replies the other: "I don't know, they don't grow. Not sure whether I plant them too deep or to close .. "
    Funny

    But I believe lots of what we learn intuitively is by T & E. Only those that we hit road block then we go searching for answers.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  6. #46

    Default Re: 10 Realizations of a DSLR Newbie

    I quite like the one which says to know your gear at the back of your hand. I think thats the key to taking better pictures. Working around the problems, looking for solutions to capture moments or to achieve certain quality, thats an interesting aspect of taking pictures.

    As for gearheads, I think we should respect their hobby and interest to collect gadgets =) , no harm done.

    Guess the problem only comes in when there is a gearhead that turn into airhead as well.
    Alpha and Omega

  7. #47

    Default

    I used to think about the shortcomings of my gear and the 'what if i have that lense or full frame body? I could have taken those shots.' syndrome. Now i learn (am still trying) to focus on what are the strengths of the equipment i have and shoot pictures that make full use of them. For some situations like the recent PE and Getai, i use rental service to fulfill any gaps.

  8. #48
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 10 Realizations of a DSLR Newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    How would you classify CSers who constantly scold noob : "Search past discussions before you post idiot!"
    1: do a post check on those ppl. they are the ones who usually give advice that matters.
    2: do a post check on ppl who bitch abt ppl asking others to google. they are mostly the ones that dun give advice (or sound advice), except the occasional post to KPKB
    3: nothing beats self learning. if u can learn by urself, ur independent. its a good skill in life.


    now whats so wrong abt asking ppl to search previous discussions?

    i respect those who make the effort to google, and to put in time to guide others. they take time out trying to help others, which is really nice of them.

    on the other hand... some ppl just waste your time. so i'll just ignore them hahaha
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 8th September 2011 at 06:47 PM.

  9. #49
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 10 Realizations of a DSLR Newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by Atarandas View Post
    I quite like the one which says to know your gear at the back of your hand. I think thats the key to taking better pictures. Working around the problems, looking for solutions to capture moments or to achieve certain quality, thats an interesting aspect of taking pictures.

    As for gearheads, I think we should respect their hobby and interest to collect gadgets =) , no harm done.

    Guess the problem only comes in when there is a gearhead that turn into airhead as well.
    gears are really nothing but tools...

    i mean... yea u give me a 1 dollar cheapo pencil vs a 100 bucks mechanical pencil.
    u can tell me that "oh got damping effect, more stable, very gyro, tip very sharp"

    it wont affect TAT much. especially when ur own handwriting itself is illegible

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default Re: 10 Realizations of a DSLR Newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    gears are really nothing but tools...

    i mean... yea u give me a 1 dollar cheapo pencil vs a 100 bucks mechanical pencil.
    u can tell me that "oh got damping effect, more stable, very gyro, tip very sharp"

    it wont affect TAT much. especially when ur own handwriting itself is illegible
    Might be relevant if it's a pure enjoyment gear. Such as headphones and massage chair. You will really need to hear (and probably remember) all those features to make urself feel the worth of spending a few hundreds or a few thousands on them
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  11. #51

    Default Re: 10 Realizations of a DSLR Newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    gears are really nothing but tools...

    i mean... yea u give me a 1 dollar cheapo pencil vs a 100 bucks mechanical pencil.
    u can tell me that "oh got damping effect, more stable, very gyro, tip very sharp"

    it wont affect TAT much. especially when ur own handwriting itself is illegible
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    Might be relevant if it's a pure enjoyment gear. Such as headphones and massage chair. You will really need to hear (and probably remember) all those features to make urself feel the worth of spending a few hundreds or a few thousands on them
    no wonder. i have gear that go into the thousands. and yet, my photos suck. thanks Allen! i shall now buy the cheapest camera

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •