Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 Realizations of a DSLR Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW
    Whereas the seasoned photographer or humble ones..some are really nice people.. Everyone should be like them..but we know thats not gonna happen. All kind of people exists.
    How would you classify CSers who constantly scold noob : "Search past discussions before you post idiot!"

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai

How would you classify CSers who constantly scold noob : "Search past discussions before you post idiot!"
    Actually I learn really fast from just one scolding from old bird. I guess learning the hard way works for me
    Canon EOS 600D | BBB virus carrier

Default Re: 10 Realizations of a DSLR Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Why get so worked up. Just dont do it again. If you dont like it. Just ignore.. You will feel better. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai

Got people scold you 'idiot' before ah?
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

i don't think that they actually used the word "idiot"

aren't you putting words in their mouths? newbies who read your postings might believe that the older timers are an arrogant bunch who look down on newbies like me and you?

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

i don't think that they actually used the word "idiot"

aren't you putting words in their mouths? newbies who read your postings might believe that the older timers are an arrogant bunch who look down on newbies like me and you?
    U where got newbie??........

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    U where got newbie??........
    i'm not old

Nice thread... (for newbies like me).
    My own realisations after 9 months with the 7D (and an ad-hoc collection of lenses):
    > I will never ever turn pro enough to be a purist, due to impatience (the longest I will wait for a shot is 10mins)
    > Use the gear to capture sharpness of details and highlights - leave the rest to Photoshop!
    > Which is why for more 'important' shoots take RAW, don't regret about using JPG because it would have been too late!
    theDevilisinthedetails.

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post
    Yea some gear heads..are usually (fill in the blanks). Since they are carrying the more expansive stuff..and when you're carrying something not close or on his level..the look on their faces really... and these people usually keep staring at your gear then look at theirs. Oh come on~ But people..pls dont get mad and start buying..if not u will be like them.
    it kinda annoying sometimes..

Whereas the seasoned photographer or humble ones..some are really nice people.. Everyone should be like them..but we know thats not gonna happen. All kind of people exists.
    I've seen people like this.

Own friends that havent seen for years, took up photography with all the best gear, when I finally meet them after years, they see me no up............

anyway, its the picture that counts, I know a guy who take pictures on iPhone that puts close to 1/2 the community here to shame(not kidding).

Quote Originally Posted by Royale With Cheese View Post

Own friends that havent seen for years, took up photography with all the best gear, when I finally meet them after years, they see me no up............

anyway, its the picture that counts, I know a guy who take pictures on iPhone that puts close to 1/2 the community here to shame(not kidding).
    actually it's the person's attitude.

i have friends who love my photos (i shoot with an Alpha A900)... but just one guy with a D3100 (i believe that's the model) who thinks he can take better shots... because they all have his face in them.

feel like strangling him everytime we meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Royale With Cheese View Post

yupe....of cos..its the final result that matters. I guess its just part of human nature..to show off or feels good to be more superior than others. But heck... We know..being humble is really something hard to master. But yea like mention these people really a pain. Especially when they keep asking and wanting to compare. aww.
    Last edited by TWmilkteaTW; 24th August 2011 at 03:44 PM. Reason: typo error.

Just let the photos do the talking!
    I also know people who snap beautifully composed and aesthetically intriguing photos... using their handphones!
    Puts me to great shame!

Your gear is only as good as your skills (both photography and post-processing).
    theDevilisinthedetails.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    actually it's the person's attitude.

i have friends who love my photos (i shoot with an Alpha A900)... but just one guy with a D3100 (i believe that's the model) who thinks he can take better shots... because they all have his face in them.

feel like strangling him everytime we meet.

To him, having his face in every photo makes the photos 'good'. Obviously you think otherwise
    Just a difference of opinion. No need to get worked up about it. Can't please everyone...
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    To him, having his face in every photo makes the photos 'good'. Obviously you think otherwise
    Just a difference of opinion. No need to get worked up about it. Can't please everyone...
    we had this convo like... a few months back LOL... doesn't help that he looks like Osama HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    we had this convo like... a few months back LOL... doesn't help that he looks like Osama HAHA
    Oh OSAMA!!! Should call the ISD.. Wahaha
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

Hahaha evil you...
    Exploring! :)

Constantly .. I would classify them as ppl who love to see their post count increase .
    Takes effort to hit the reply button ,wait for it to load , type their "Search blab blab blab " , click on Post .

That or they love to scold ppl ...

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Hahaha evil you...

he does!

Quote Originally Posted by junliang78 View Post
    Constantly .. I would classify them as ppl who love to see their post count increase .
    Takes effort to hit the reply button ,wait for it to load , type their "Search blab blab blab " , click on Post .

That or they love to scold ppl ...
    I only like the lmgtfy
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

A kit lens should be your friend. Not in the dry cabinet. Cheap yet useful. Been using it for 2 years and happy enough with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast