Thread: External Flash Options for FZ10/FZ20

Question External Flash Options for FZ10/FZ20

What are the practical external flash options for the FZ10/20?
    I dont want to blow a huge hole in my pocket. Mainly going to use it for portraiture so need a bounce, swivel function and diffusor or bounce card. Something like the Sunpak 383 Super.

Any other options?

sunpak 383 is not sold in singapore if I'm not wrong. A small compact yet relatively powerful flash is Metz 32Z1 (~$160). This can bounce and swivel. There's also an optional diffuser from Metz.

Can those bracket mount flash be used with the fz20 thru the hotshoe?
    Spotted a nice looking Sunpak 4205G selling at $65 in CAsh Converters

All flash which can fit into the ISO hotshoe can work.. But be careful of the older flashes some said they trigger high voltages which might damager your digital camera. Thats another avenue I didnt consider, cash convertor... always go there to pick up small kitchen appliances

Ya .. the trigger voltage of some flashes is a real concern. So far I have tried the Sunpak with my old Epson 920z with a "raizer???" hotshoe to PC sync adaptor, and they seem to work fine. Oh I took the plunge and bought the 4205G from CAsh converters.

Quite "wayang" to carry that setup out doors though.

Which cash convertors did you visit?

Here are a list of flashes , their tested trigger voltages and whether safe to use.

http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html

Peace!!

bedok .. a while earlier, they even have a Metz bracket unit but I missed it.

So is 6+V Lumix safe?