Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Course by PSS vs. Palbear - any input

i think your question simply is - SLCC & PSS, which one is better?

IMHO, there is no good or bad. It all depends on the individual whether the participant was able to learn from the course.

Again, we are looking at the Pros from this field. It's all up to us to get as much information as possible from our $200+ investment.

Deregistered

yeah yeah objectifs is pretty cool too! i heard its a bit more ex than pss or that other organisation, they are pretty relaxed people
    but i think pss is cool too because its really really established and also have a lot of old birds that can teach you a thing or two

Quote Originally Posted by wuliao88
    Ha ha!! How can you compare like this? How long is the history of PSS and how long is the history of SLCC? Why not give them a chance as well as yourself a chance? I think is better to make more friends, that is why CS is here for us. The aim of CS is share and learn the photography knowledge, so stop compare to each other. If you guys want to know the answer,why not go to look for the people who in-charge talk to them find out the answer than argue here. Just imagine that you are in the food court now, will you argue the taste of all the food stall there or will you order the food to eat? Of course if you do not know which stall is cheap and delicious, but you still have to order from one of the stall there. After all you had try, you will sure know which stall food is cheap and good. Again you like it does not mean I like it, so for my view is stop argue here go and find out the cheap and good food for yourself.
    Argue/Compare? What are you talking about? Its up to the original poster to visit both places and decide. Besides - I've been in CS long enough to know.
    If I could - I would like to attend courses from as many different clubs as possible - to make more friends, and to learn more. There is no need to restrict ones-self to a single club.
    Last edited by bravocube; 8th October 2004 at 09:17 AM.

Personally, I do not understand what is all the commotion about, basically, to find out which is better, just go down and talk to the prospective instructors . You may find different style of teaching that suits different individuals. Some preferred large group where they can share ideas, some preferred small group with more instructors to trainees focus, some preferred playful talk c*** method of passing down knowleadge, some preferred stick by the book method, some will transfer all they know down (Which is good to some as they absorb more knowledge, but may be a bane to others where they have informaton explosion), some will keep a few knowledge where they will want the trainees to find out themselves through experience (which some do not like as they feel they are shortchanged, but as a chinese saying goes, the Master might bring the disciples throught the different basic stages, but how far they go will depends on their individual training) ... etc etc .... each instructors pass down information differently.

Go down to both the places, they are just a stone throw away from each other , see your prospective instructor and see which you preferred better .

Hope this will help you.
    Last edited by blurblock; 8th October 2004 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bravocube
    Argue/Compare? What are you talking about? Its up to the original poster to visit both places and decide. Besides - I've been in CS long enough to know.
    If I could - I would like to attend courses from as many different clubs as possible - to make more friends, and to learn more. There is no need to restrict ones-self to a single club.
    I don't restrict one-self to any club. I said no point urgue here, just go down to visit them(PSS ar SLCC) to get your answer, am I wrong? No point keep on merry-go-round on the same question.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12