Thread: Is Lightroom 3 Duo Platform?

Default Is Lightroom 3 Duo Platform?

Hi,

I would like to purchase online a copy of Photoshop Lightroom 3. Can someone tell me if the package you bought comes compatiable with both Windows & Mac OS X on the same disc, or do I need to indicate the platform they should be sending me? Thanks!

JS

Default Re: Is Lightroom 3 Duo Platform?

The on-line download edition from Adobe's website is OS specific.

When you "purchase" or finalise the payment, there is a field that asks you specifically the type of OS used. As to whether the "downloaded" copy from adobe's site can be installed into a windows computer, I don't know as I have not tried so myself.

Hope my answer from past experience helps.
    Canon: 5DMKIII & 40D|17-40L|70-200f4ISL|100Macro|Sigma30|580EXII| Olympus: EP3|25mm f1.4

Thanks. Actually, I am referring to the boxed copy. Is it duo Platform? Appreciate it.

JS

It is very likely that the box you get is similar to those you can purchase from Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-65064073...3747773&sr=8-1
    Platform: Windows Vista / 7 / XP, Mac OS X
    EOS

Thanks for your response.

Amazon site did say Platform: Windows Vista / 7 / XP, Mac OS X. But when it is in the cart, it says Platform: Windows. I send an email to Amazon; they confirm duo platform on the listing. But, could not say why it indicate Windows in the cart. Anyhow, I had a PM here confirming that it is duo platform. Would be nice if I could get further confirmation that it is indeed duo platform. Just being a little cautious. Appreciate it! JS

Quote Originally Posted by lay9eggs View Post
    Thanks for your response.

Amazon site did say Platform: Windows Vista / 7 / XP, Mac OS X. But when it is in the cart, it says Platform: Windows. I send an email to Amazon; they confirm duo platform on the listing. But, could not say why it indicate Windows in the cart. Anyhow, I had a PM here confirming that it is duo platform. Would be nice if I could get further confirmation that it is indeed duo platform. Just being a little cautious. Appreciate it! JS
    Are you planning to install on multiple platforms? Not sure if it happened to anyone but I tried it once and the one on the Mac says serial number is already registered so I'm not allowed for any updates as it thinks Im using a pirated copy.

Hi, I'm doing it on a Mac. Just that the platform says Windows once the item is in the cart. It will be useless to me if that's true. But I'm inclined to believe that it is a typo. Besides, as I said earlier, I got a PM from a nice person confirming his box version is duo platform.

Actually, you kind of confirm that it is duo platform from what you said.

Thanks! JS

Hi. I can assure you 100% that LR has a Mac version as well.

Hey, thanks! That's one more vote. Appreciate it! JS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lay9eggs View Post
    Hey, thanks! That's one more vote. Appreciate it! JS
    Just remember that the license is for one machine only. So once installed and activated, you need to deactivate it before you can use the serial to install in another machine.

Yes, Thanks to all! JS

Couldn't you just have called up/emailed adobe and asked?
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Couldn't you just have called up/emailed adobe and asked?
    well, technically, he could.
    but he probably thought Clubsnap would be a friendlier alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by thelight View Post
    well, technically, he could.
    but he probably thought Clubsnap would be a friendlier alternative.
    Nah, Adobe people are very friendly. I have a few of them in my MSN list too. He'd have gotten his answer on the spot from the reliable source instead of from a forum where half the people are just guessing. Then he called Amazon who is just a reseller, but never thought to just call Adobe??
    Alpha

Actually, yes, why didn't I think of that. Anyway, I have already made the purchase from Amazon. Will let you know later if it is duo platform. Thanks to all! JS

Here it goes...if it means anything to someone. Today, I received the Lightroom. Yes, it is suitable for both PC and Mac. Thanks to all who responded to confirm the platform. Good day! JS