Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MRT Train Vandalised

Default Re: MRT Train Vandalised

Such a shame since 2004 till 2011, there were more than 70 awards and accolades given to SMRT for its various contributions and good corporate governance, services etc. etc. How come nobody ever mention it's security and safeguards of its trains are nothing but a shameful mess....... Who's to be blame!!! The culprits who did the graffti and damages?? Yes, but the graveous fault lies in SMRT, LTA audit team, and the Government agencies overlooking it...THere has to be accountability. You gave in to the rise in MRT Fares and yet such things happened. ITs a sad situation. ALL TALK BUT NO CONCERTED EFFORTS ON SMRT, LTA and Government Agency to impose more stringent radical solutions to stop this thing from happening again. I recalled writing to this forum 2 years ago on the first case and it made headlines then........NO MORE EXCUSES, coupled with the various breakdowns and delays of train arrivals, AND NOW the vandalised incidents equals Below Par SMRT - does not deserve anymore awards and accolades to SMRT. Having said that, just wait and see, more awards and accolades will be given to SMRT,,,,,I m right 101%!!

SMRT is good at giving excuses. Yesterday on CNA it was quoted that the cause was human error and the upgrade for that intrusion area was coming soon, same situation like the Mas Selamat case.

Even till today, most of the safety barriers on MRT platfrom are still not up.

Profit first before safety with overloaded trains.

We were lucky this time that this was not a terrorist act.
    Last edited by xtemujin; 19th August 2011 at 10:54 AM.

It is hard when someone targeting u, just like hacker, they will try to beat u no matter what best defense that u can afford. Now tell me, is ktm at Tg Pagar more secure than SMRT? How come no one graffiti them? My guess is, no one bother to since it is not something people will be proud of :lol:

The garmen shd cater a couple of trains for 'artist' to spray and paint whatever they want but not offensive so we get a train with nice pic rather than the common color =)
    If the photo i took is 1% unclear, I will rather delete .. www.flickr.com/photos/59837685@N03/

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Now tell me, is ktm at Tg Pagar more secure than SMRT? How come no one graffiti them?
    Have you not seen the urine coated gemstones and lumps of maggot infested human chocolate cake on the railway tracks at Tanjong Pagar railway station?
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Have you not seen the urine coated gemstones and lumps of maggot infested human chocolate cake on the railway tracks at Tanjong Pagar railway station?
    it's actually more of an ego thing... people challenging themselves to do something that's difficult.. is the Tg Pagar Railway Station highly secured? no.

is the SMRT station highly secured? no... but the fences and all the other security features make it "fun" for thrill seekers

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    why are you staring at the crotch? that's sick dude!
    In light of the recent breach, those in charge of security will be subjected to greater pubic scrunity.

Sorry i meant public scrunity.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival
    Sorry i meant public scrunity.
    LIKE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    I think they spent the money on security cameras but nobody want to do the boring job of monitoring the TV screen

They should have spent the money on dogs

Actually dogs are free. Just need to leave that leftover meal from the workers canteen on the MRT grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    SMRT is good at giving excuses. Yesterday on CNA it was quoted that the cause was human error and the upgrade for that intrusion area was coming soon, same situation like the Mas Selamat case.

Even till today, most of the safety barriers on MRT platfrom are still not up.

Profit first before safety with overloaded trains.

We were lucky this time that this was not a terrorist act.
    You never see the ads they have on the train stations?
    Terrorist act, depends on us to find the bomb

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    LIKE!!!

Pruss +1

Quote Originally Posted by google View Post
    Pruss +1
    kopitiam posts aren't counted. no "+1"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHA

jus wanna burst out laughing when i saw and read the news.

so much $$ thrown in and yet...

someone has to be accountable.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

With that money, SMRT can buy a whole load of Herman Miller chairs and hire a company of security guards to literally sit on the train..

If they spend more money on the security... Is still the same and in the end they will just ask for increase of fares.. To make up for the money they spend .. Haiz ...
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

Now the outsourced security is saying that they don't patrol that area.

The SMRT spin doctors were quick to pinpoint the blame on the guards.

It shows the lack of SMRT leadership in dealing with this security threat.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Actually dogs are free. Just need to leave that leftover meal from the workers canteen on the MRT grounds.

You never see the ads they have on the train stations?
    Terrorist act, depends on us to find the bomb

IMHO :

It amazes me that everyone is very concern about the security of SMRT trains except SMRT herself.
    It seems they have an attitude problem.

This is the second time security had been breached and also the building of the safety sliding doors are painfully slow and more may jump and die from the MRT platform. Why don't they speed up by deploying more work teams to more stations at night time.

The SMRT CEO should be sacked immediately and the gahmen should step in and take over the task of providing security and safety of the MRT system. The gahmen have more power and resources to speedup the process.

The Public Transport System of by rail and bus are greatly promoted by the gahmen and much use by the public every day. THERE SHOULD BE NO COMPROMISE OR EFFORT SPARED TO ENSURE THEIR MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY AND SAFETY !

SMRT had indeed disappoint the citizens with their lax and care less attitude.

the government can only advise. it has no power to meddle in the affairs of private or semi-private companies.

Now there's an "Independent" panel chaired by SMRT's CEO?

Fail Engrish or what?

Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 22nd August 2011 at 10:20 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast