Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: how to achieve this kind of skin tone?

  1. #1

    Default how to achieve this kind of skin tone?



    no matter how i tried cannot get this skin tone and environment..(similar to this la)

    any post-processing workflow for this kind of effect?

  2. #2

    Default Re: how to achieve this kind of skin tone?

    1. Start with a caucasian model - skin is pinker compared to asian skin tone
    2. Desaturate a bit, and shift white balance towards a cooler tone (or his camera just got it slightly off due to the mixed lighting anyway)
    3. Slightly increase magenta in tone curve

    That's how I could simulate that, but that's with a caucasian model. Getting that skin tone with an asian model will be much harder.
    Alpha

  3. #3

    Default Re: how to achieve this kind of skin tone?

    thanks sir!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default Re: how to achieve this kind of skin tone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    1. Start with a caucasian model - skin is pinker compared to asian skin tone
    2. Desaturate a bit, and shift white balance towards a cooler tone (or his camera just got it slightly off due to the mixed lighting anyway)
    3. Slightly increase magenta in tone curve

    That's how I could simulate that, but that's with a caucasian model. Getting that skin tone with an asian model will be much harder.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  5. #5
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: how to achieve this kind of skin tone?

    In the future please credit the original photographer or provide a link to the original site if posting a photo not taken by you. Thanks.

  6. #6
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: how to achieve this kind of skin tone?

    i usually go EV+ 1/2 to 1 or drag the extreme right tabs in Levels a little

    otherwise as Rashkae says
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  7. #7

    Default Re: how to achieve this kind of skin tone?

    Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    In the future please credit the original photographer or provide a link to the original site if posting a photo not taken by you. Thanks.
    sorry sir! yes sir!

  8. #8

    Default Re: how to achieve this kind of skin tone?

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    i usually go EV+ 1/2 to 1 or drag the extreme right tabs in Levels a little

    otherwise as Rashkae says
    alright thank you sir!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •