Thread: Stuck - filter to step ring

Default Stuck - filter to step ring

Need help in removing lens filter from step-down ring. Can someone please help if you have the equipment for the job. Thanks.

Please help......

Singapore (SengKang)

I don't have this problem but I had a similar problem which is my stepup ring got stuck to my lens. I tried for a long time but could not remove it. One day, I put a small piece paper on top of my stepup ring and then a filter over the stepup ring and turn it tight. I try to turn the filter to remove it and the step up ring comes out together with the filter. After which I pulled the small piece of paper out and I was able to remove the stepup ring from the filter.
    -Express yourself not in words-

here and there

go to NTUC and buy one of those rubber non-slip pads. i think they come in packs of 3. i find them very useful to grip filters, rings, etc. i even use them as a base for my camera when i do some repairs. keeps them from sliding all over the place.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

Thin strip of double-sided tape around the larger surface, or even both surfaces. Grip and twist (in the correct direction of course)!

Small island....

use a rubber band on one (the thick kind) and the rubber cloth on the other... twist.

Thanks guys for all the input. Tried the extent of cutting away the step ring. Now have a grooved step ring stuck to a lens filter and a pair of very sore hands.