Thread: Singnet Broadband - What happens after contract expires?

Default Singnet Broadband - What happens after contract expires?

Hi folks

There's the clause on the Singnet brochure that says "Promotion rates apply for the first 24 month, prevailing rates apply thereafter."

So, anyone fullfilled their contract (for the older promos)? Care to share what price you are paying? The same promo price, normal rate ($78.75) or some other price.

TIA =)
    Last edited by karwing; 5th October 2004 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karwing
    Hi folks

There's the clause on the Singnet brochure that says "Promotion rates apply for the first 24 month, prevailing rates apply thereafter."

So, anyone fullfilled their contract (for the older promos)? Can to share what price you are paying? The same promo price, normal rate ($78.85) or some other price.

TIA =)
    normal rate....

Hi,

I dunno abt Singnet, but for Pacnet, when my contract expired, i was charged the non-promo rate. I had to bug them for a month or 2 before they gave another contract extension.

Phildate
    Guests

I always kick up a fuss and make sure they renew me at promotional rate. Threaten to move to Starhub Maxonline! Why should I, as a loyal customer, pay more than a newbie?? That is always my argument and has always worked so far.

yes. After ur contract it becomes normal price. But usually abit before ur contract ends, singnet will offer you another recontract promotion with good monthly rates

Normally you have to call them for the recontract. Usually you will still get back the same promotion rate as the public per month.

Default Contract renewal.

Hiyee,

Just renewed my contract with Singnet a few months back. Prior to my expiry of the contract, a Singnet person called me with a renewal contract package. Got the same pricing as before and a free GUESS watch, cost about $130.... Contract for 18 months.

Rgds
    Sunny

many thanx to all you guys!

anyway... there's a new promo now at $42 (w/gst) for 512 unlimited, 2yr contract, fyi. =)

i had renewed twice already, for both times i get the same freebies/pricing as what the new signups will get. 1st time i only email them, 2nd time i need to go to hello shop to resign contract

my singnet contract is 1/2 price for the first 6 months and normal price for the next 12 months (18 months contract). and did not recontract. Call to terminate and next day they will call to offer better package.

how much better? like 12 months contract with 3 month free subscription!
    eg. 512K $55 per month but free 3 months so work out to about $39 per month... better than their 'recontract' offer in the email.

I know about this throug HWZ.

My friend got so fed up with Singnet BB that old customer got to paid more than new customer after 2 years, so he terminated it and sign up starhub maxonline. Not only faster but also cheaper, only one flat rate.

Few days later then Singnet called and offer him better price plan, but already too late, he decide to change to maxonline once and for all

The same trap will befall Starhub customers. It's well known that they drop carrots to attract new customers and neglect their old customers.

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    My friend got so fed up with Singnet BB that old customer got to paid more than new customer after 2 years, so he terminated it and sign up starhub maxonline. Not only faster but also cheaper, only one flat rate.

Few days later then Singnet called and offer him better price plan, but already too late, he decide to change to maxonline once and for all