Thread: any other problems after 707 DLS fix?

Default any other problems after 707 DLS fix?

Is there any 707 users who sent in their cameras to fix their DLS problem and to get it back with some other problems occurring? I'm sending in mine for a fix and it seems like quite a number of ppl in other countries get their cameras back with a host of other problems. The Sony service front desk personnel like to try and diagnose the problems and tell you that there is no problem because they know nuts and I hate to bring it back and try to persuade them that there is another problem with the camera. once is enuff!!

Default Re: any other problems after 707 DLS fix?

Originally posted by JaGr
    Is there any 707 users who sent in their cameras to fix their DLS problem and to get it back with some other problems occurring? I'm sending in mine for a fix and it seems like quite a number of ppl in other countries get their cameras back with a host of other problems. The Sony service front desk personnel like to try and diagnose the problems and tell you that there is no problem because they know nuts and I hate to bring it back and try to persuade them that there is another problem with the camera. once is enuff!!
    really? Oh man.. you're scary the gerneral public out there who are holding the 707, hmmmmmmmmmmm.... well I have not face any problem as yet and DO NOT WANT TO FACE! heh. Let us know the outcome? yeah?

haha ok i got my camera back and it was fantastic. they changed the lens block assembly. no more dark left side. no vigenetting visible at all even at F8 and full zoom. previously vigenetting was very obvious. no other problems as yet. only problem was with the rude customer service guy

qhelix
    Guests

Default Re: any other problems after 707 DLS fix?

Originally posted by JaGr
    Is there any 707 users who sent in their cameras to fix their DLS problem and to get it back with some other problems occurring?
    Huh? You mean there's a known problem with the 707? Mind explaining exactly what that it? I bought the camera at the end of June, but no telling how long that camera has been on the shelf...is there a way of checking whether I need the fix? How long does the repairs take?

Problem? What problem??

Seriously, I think the only problem is that 707 AF is rather slow...compared to these nice SLRs.